CTSamurai Forums

It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:51 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Panthers 2018 season opener countdown: 8 days to go Ed.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:50 am 

I pre-wrote this countdown piece on Friday morning Authentic Greg Olsen Jersey , so there’s a chance that Austin Duke is not on the roster when this is published. -BSWe are 8 days away from the beginning of the Carolina Panthers 2018 season. That means today we take a closer look at wide receiver Austin Duke.Austin Duke, Wide receiverBioHeight: 5’9”Weight: 170 lbsAge: 25College: UNC CharlotteNFL Experience: 1 yearAustin Duke was signed as an undrafted free agent by the Panthers in 2017 and spent parts of the 2017 season on the practice squad. He signed a reserve future contract in January.Since he doesn’t have any NFL statistics, here’s a summary of his college career from the Panthers’ website:It’s extremely unlikely that Duke will make the 53-man roster Authentic Ian Thomas Jersey , but he’s one of several candidates to make the practice squad. The Panthers seem to like him since they signed him to a reserve future contract in January, so it’s possible they’ll stash him on the practice squad for one more year to see if they can groom him into a full-time roster player for 2019. The Panthers at 4-2 sit right about where I thought they would be. Swap the Washington and Philadelphia outcomes and I would be six for six. Many preseason prognosticators were not so optimistic though. Before I go any further I realize there is a lot of football left and I am not trying to jinx the Panthers either, obviously. They still have some very tough games left http://www.carolinapanthersteamonline.com/michael-palardy-jersey , so I’m certainly not expecting a 10-0 finish either. Lord no.I find it fun to pick the upcoming games now that we know a little more about our opponents, so I thought I would let you join in. My preseason prediction was 11 wins and I’m sticking to that. Yet not all of the predictors were bearish, this one is close to mine. Here’s how I see it playing out. Feel free to share your predictions in the thread.Panthers vs Ravens — Ravens win a close one; Panthers 4-3Panthers vs Buccaneers — Panthers win a shoot out; Panthers 5-3Panthers at Steelers— Panthers get behind early Authentic Christian McCaffrey Jersey , no comeback this time; Panthers 5-4Panthers at Lions — Panthers rebound just as they did in Philly; Panthers 6-4Panthers vs Seahawks— Panthers start a late season win streak; Panthers 7-4Panthers at Bucs — Winston has a melt down; Panthers 8-4Panthers at Browns— Panthers continue to play well versus failing teams; Panthers 9-4Panthers vs Saints — Panthers finally end the losing streak to the Saints; Panthers 10-4Panthers vs Falcons— Panthers get revenge for week 2 loss; Panthers 11-4Panthers at Saints — Panthers come close but can’t pull the upset; 11-5They win a wildcard slot as the Saints win the division again. I really hate typing that but the Saints look pretty damn good. Tomorrow’s match-up against the Ravens will be a good comparison to how we match up with the Saints. The Saints only managed 21 points against the Ravens defense. It took kicker Justin Tucker’s first ever missed point after in his career for the Ravens to lose by one. I’m not predicting a win versus the Ravens but I would love to be wrong as well. I think the Panthers have gained some confidence over these past couple of games and know they can play with anybody if they simply execute.