Bored at work - the new epic thread

For random chat about stuff that isn't World of Warcraft.

Moderator: Guild Shogun

Heeuge

Re: Bored at work - the new epic thread

Post by Heeuge »

Rumour has it there'll be free delivery on laptops bought today so I might just cross my fingers about the back-lit keyboard and if one appears with the rest of the spec I want and go for it.

Warms up his F5 finger.

[Edit @ 15.20]

Awww, 23 new units added to the stock list but no E6420s among them. Smeg :cry:

[/Edit]
Demonheart

Post by Demonheart »

I'm not at work but I'm awfully bored, can I post here?

In my uni, we don't pick a major until the end of the first year. Results came in today, and I'm going to be doing accounting with business law as my minor. Just what I wanted! :D
Mr. President, get up or I will kill you right there.
In loving memory of Jack Bauer
Beckie
Sweet like Candy

Post by Beckie »

Gratz! - I think. I have a degree in accounting but I didnt end up doing it!
Becki, Luvox, Candy, Prozak, Beckie
Demonheart

Post by Demonheart »

Hmmm, I see. What is it exactly that you do, then, and how come it isn't related to accounting?

A big part of why I picked it was it's really universal (I do still want to live in the States one day!), and it's hardly difficult finding jobs. Or, so I've heard anyway. :)
Mr. President, get up or I will kill you right there.
In loving memory of Jack Bauer
Beckie
Sweet like Candy

Post by Beckie »

I am a System information manager - which the title would imply I look after databases with numbers like stock and sales! It also includes forecasting stocklevels, creating tools to forecast sales numbers and generally number crunching huge amounts of numbers. - Which actually requires programming sql vba focus type skills. I found general accounting far too boring, there was far to many rules to learn and it depends if you like fudging numbers.

So although it sounds like accounting its not in an accounting department and I did not require accounting qualifications, the main requirement is actually programming skills. But is not an IT department, which has its disadvantages too..
ash
Msg 512, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 Subquery returned more than 1 value.

Post by ash »

man can't believe they nerfed threat again

Admittedly raid tanks now have to do more than they did in TBC and vanilla but I'm not too chuffed to read that

Given all of that, and watching how tanking has unfolded in Cataclysm, we’ve gotten over the concept that threat needs to be a major part of PvE gameplay. We have therefore decided to buff tank threat generation in a hotfix this week to where it’s generally not a major consideration.
FragZero

Post by FragZero »

Single target tanking = devastate spam?

next, all cooldowns +50% effect/duration? makes it easier to use effectively
Warrior => Stainomo
Druid => Kokopelli
Devious
Rogue Class Leader

Post by Devious »

Basically,

Ghostcrawler was watching Frag tank the other day, and decided he needed some help...

:naughty: :naughty: :naughty:
When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Yeah! YEAH! BURN HIS HOUSE DOWN! Burning people! He says what we're all thinking!

Septih
Rick Roller

Post by Septih »

Well they said they want to move to a more DK like system for tanks, where they have more active mitigation involved in their rotations, so I imagine other tanks who won't have to try that hard any more will change.
FragZero

Post by FragZero »

Septih wrote:Well they said they want to move to a more DK like system for tanks, where they have more active mitigation involved in their rotations, so I imagine other tanks who won't have to try that hard any more will change.
hmmm, shield tanks hide behind their shield, making a more active migitation would be a bit strange imo.
Warrior => Stainomo
Druid => Kokopelli
Septih
Rick Roller

Post by Septih »

Paladins could augment their shields, warriors could shout and posture better. It's not too hard to come up with something.
Devious
Rogue Class Leader

Post by Devious »

Haha,

just had a thought of a Cranial Osteopath opening up next door to the barbers in Stormwind. Provides a buff, you stand straighter and with greater posture.

"Your shouts are 10% more effective and that nerve you trapped last week no longer hurts so you hold your shield at a better angle."
When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Yeah! YEAH! BURN HIS HOUSE DOWN! Burning people! He says what we're all thinking!

Commando
Shogun on Sabbatical

Post by Commando »

Moral of the story - don't hide gold in the bin. :lol:
Commando, Scytale, Leto, Yueh, Thufir, Chani
Beckie
Sweet like Candy

Post by Beckie »

You would think if they could afford that much gold then they could also invest in a safe.. or insurance.. or a security deposit box anything!

I'm bored at work.. theres an AMP down on the dwh and it has been down for nearly 2 hours.. im quickly running out of none dwh tasks to do..
Juan

Post by Juan »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6e3OwOws3I

What the bloody hell..?

Seriously. Jesus christ.