Bored at work - the new epic thread

For random chat about stuff that isn't World of Warcraft.

Moderator: Guild Shogun

Beckie
Sweet like Candy

Re: Bored at work - the new epic thread

Post by Beckie »

Has anyone ever gone on google and searched for 'Search Engine' which is the most popular search engine..?
Becki, Luvox, Candy, Prozak, Beckie
ibuprofen

Post by ibuprofen »

I know its been a while but Dogpile aparently
If in a group of four stalwart champions of the light, and thou shouldst encounter a shaman, flee, for thou art heavily outnumbered.

Call me Tim, thats my name.
FragZero

Post by FragZero »

Bored at work - wanting to get home to try the new patch!!!

Looking great, might be what i need to get active again in WoW!!!

LFR seems a bit lame thought, Baradin hold difficulty
Warrior => Stainomo
Druid => Kokopelli
Beckie
Sweet like Candy

Post by Beckie »

I am really fed up of christmas*, my highlight of the day so far has been seeing photos of cadbury's cream eggs arriving in store! Well it was until it reminded me that I would have to start planning easter in 2 weeks!

This forum is getting so very quiet.. entertain me!

* Christmas to me includes responsibility for making sure the ambient part of 40% of the UKs food shopping market is not effected by interuption to the supply due to bankholidays and supplier xmas closures. Scary eh?
Septih
Rick Roller

Post by Septih »

Ambient part of the market? Is that like candles and stuff or have you labelled us? What label do I get for purchasing lots of disaronno and battenurg?
Beckie
Sweet like Candy

Post by Beckie »

Ambient being stored at room temperature - which is like Jars, Tins, household items (eg. tissues, washing powders), health+beauty, drinks (inc alcohol), cereals, chocolate, crisps etc. Although I am also doing frozen.. maybe its best as being described as not fresh?

Sorry work speak.. food that is not in a fridge or is fruit/vegatables or most of Bakery department.
Roper

Post by Roper »

I think shops should close longer at Christmas. I'm sure we're all capable of planning ahead and buying what we need for a few days, people used to cope. Everyone close and give people some nice time off.
Ropey - lvl80 Priest
Roopa - lvl80 Rogue
Darkropes - lvl70 Warlock
Ropair - lvl60 Retired Hunter
ash
Msg 512, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 Subquery returned more than 1 value.

Post by ash »

Beckie wrote:Has anyone ever gone on google and searched for 'Search Engine' which is the most popular search engine..?
google let it snow
Dreams of being better
Beckie
Sweet like Candy

Post by Beckie »

Roper wrote:I think shops should close longer at Christmas. I'm sure we're all capable of planning ahead and buying what we need for a few days, people used to cope. Everyone close and give people some nice time off.
We close everything on Christmas day.. every other day something is open around the network. So holidays are banned in December and first week of January and we have people working bank holidays and weekends..

The problem with closing is unless it is put into law all the supermarkets will be open, in fear that another supermarket will be open and a valued customer who needs food will go to a competitor. And maybe next time they will go to the competitor as well, and that means less sales, which means when we tell the city how well we are doing the shareprice goes down... and then a spiral effect from then onwards.

Aww trust google to not enable it on IE. Fortunately I also have chrome.
Roper

Post by Roper »

Ah that makes sense, its just a shame really but as you say unless they're forced to shut its not going to happen. The small shop just up the road from me is open every day except Christmas, and you're only going to get the odd person popping in on boxing day for the odd item. I just think it would be nice if more people could enjoy the break. I always thought it was odd when shops fought to open on Sundays, sure its more convenient for us customers but from their point of view once they're all open they're not going to sell any more overall, but just need staff to cover the extra day, if I need food and I cant shop on a Sunday then I'm just going to have to find another day to shop... Sorry, in the good old days etc etc...
Beckie wrote:Aww trust google to not enable it on IE. Fortunately I also have chrome.
Strange, works for me on IE. Although I couldn't get it to work at work on either IE or Firefox, not sure what was blocking it.
Ropey - lvl80 Priest
Roopa - lvl80 Rogue
Beckie
Sweet like Candy

Post by Beckie »

I think that they actually make more sales by being open on a Sunday. For the same reason that when it snows the sales dont magically happen on another day.

Consider when it snowed last year when it was really heavy that you couldnt get to the supermarket. What did people do? They stayed at home and ate the food they had, the tinned soup and the dry pasta. If it hadnt snowed they would of gone shopping and bought fresh foods and ate meals which cost more to make.

I personally like things to be open more.. the services which are only open during working hours are so outdated. Banks, Doctors, Parcel Delivery services.. they dont cater very well for the people who have full time jobs.. the ones with the money.
Septih
Rick Roller

Post by Septih »

Agreed, why the hell do banks hardly open on weekends? What's the rationale?
Beckie
Sweet like Candy

Post by Beckie »

The relationship between banks being open on the weekends and making more money isnt there so they gain extra costs without extra income.
Roper

Post by Roper »

I still think over the course of time people will buy whatever they are going to buy.

I cant even remember the last time I went in a bank, then again I try to avoid shops if I can help it.
Ropey - lvl80 Priest
Roopa - lvl80 Rogue
Beckie
Sweet like Candy

Post by Beckie »

I dont often go into banks but the last time I had to do something important in a bank was doing a bacs transfer to my solicitor for the deposit on my house.. I left work early and went to the bank at 4pm.. despite closing at 5pm they wouldnt do the transfer because it was too late! I ended up missing an hours work the next morning too! I dont know what I would of done if I wasnt allowed to miss work.