League of Legends Poll

For random chat about stuff that isn't World of Warcraft.

Moderator: Guild Shogun

Which realm do you 'prefer' to play on?

Poll ended at Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:56 am

US
No votes
EU-West
88%
EU-East
No votes
Any, I haven't started/ I am low level so don't mind
13%

Total votes: 8

ash
Msg 512, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 Subquery returned more than 1 value.

League of Legends Poll

Post by ash »

So we have some people on different realms for League of Legends and some people who are starting afresh and so it would be good to try to get 'almost everyone' on the same servers so we can pew pew more often.

I personally have a level 24 account (30 is the max level) on the US realm (and level 5 EU-West)with a couple of characters bought (by points), Oide has a level 30 account with an almost complete account (I think), Nonplus has a level 30 account on EU-East.

We also have some ex-Samurai (Belgians!) who are in EU-West I think judging by the previous thread (probably max level).

I think the answer is probably quite obvious, but just putting up a poll to see what people are thinking of creating accounts on, or are willing to start afresh on.

Currently it is possible to switch from EU-East->West and visa versa. It is not possible to switch from US->EU(any) currently.
ash

Re: League of Legends Poll

Post by ash »

also if you are looking to start and want advice on which champions to try & what sort of playstyle you are looking for, then ask! :)
Septih
Rick Roller

Post by Septih »

I'm looking to start (iseries!), what champion should I start with and what playstyle? (I've never played LoL and only touched dota a couple of times :P)
ash

Post by ash »

What sort of character are you aiming to have? Caster? Melee dps? Tanky? Support? Stealthy?

or a combination of those?

I guess you understand the general concept of LOL, which is usually 5v5 and the aim is to kill the enemy + enough towers so that you can get to destroy the Nexus at the end.
Septih
Rick Roller

Post by Septih »

I only just played the intro level (then lefti and faery grabbed me for a hc). I have no real preference for role. Caster maybe? Whatever's enjoyable.
ash

Post by ash »

It seems because its patch week they haven't updated the list of champions currently available this week (it changes on a weekly basis)

http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/news/champion-rotation

If Ryze is available, he was a pretty good caster champ. Orianna is also claimed to be very powerful right now but I've not played this character. Annie is another one! :) Heimerdinger can be quite good too.

The thing with casters is to know when you've overstretched yourself, as you will and can die very quickly ;)

check http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/champions for more information on each of those I've mentioned. Some come with a stun, some come with a bit more aoe dmg, and others (annie/Heimer) have a pet for an ultimate or can place mini-turrets. That is down to personal preference...
Devious
Rogue Class Leader

Post by Devious »

Created a player under the summoner Digitalfury.

Feel free to add me.
When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Yeah! YEAH! BURN HIS HOUSE DOWN! Burning people! He says what we're all thinking!

Brechnar

Post by Brechnar »

I've tried this at some point and kinda feel like giving it another go again. You might see me in the near future!
ash

Post by ash »

3 votes for eu west, and 1 for "whatever"

I'm sure more people in the guild play than that :p
Dreams of being better
Septih
Rick Roller

Post by Septih »

Played with Ryze a few times over the weekend. Biggest annoyance was people getting away (even with the slow summoner skill)
ash

Post by ash »

just means you need more AP (spellpower)

also make sure you create the right opportunity, sometimes you have to take a risk to get the kill :) Some chars are 'built' to escape. so you need to try and focus the other ones if you're not confident on getting stuff.
Septih
Rick Roller

Post by Septih »

I find myself buying a lot of armor/movement stuff rather than attack stuff, but maybe that's because I'm overextending to get kills because of low AP.
ash

Post by ash »

the only movement stuff you should get are boots. The hardest thing as a caster is learning to not over-extend because you get punished hard.

So basically you need to ensure you've got a team mate with you who can help, that is until your dmg is so high you can blow shit up solo ;D
Vincenoir
Priest and Warlock Class Leader

Post by Vincenoir »

I played a little Ryze too. I won on deaths, which means killing blows in LoL right?

I didn't use the shop very much, just bought the recommended bits. Will have to look into that more with all this talk of spellpower
Juan

Post by Juan »

Client downloaded, will give it a whirl this week...