Diablo 3

For random chat about stuff that isn't World of Warcraft.

Moderator: Guild Shogun

ash
Msg 512, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 Subquery returned more than 1 value.

Diablo 3

Post by ash »

I normally wouldn't have created a topic for this, as I wasn't keen on Diablo 1/2 when I played them originally. However I appear to have been selected for closed beta in Diablo 3?

I wondered if anyone else also got something for it?

The email doesn't have a serial key or any links to click so I think its legit, but I guess I'll find out when I get home.

Anyone else interested in the game?
Septih
Rick Roller

Re: Diablo 3

Post by Septih »

It's linked to your battle net account so all you have to do is go directly there instead of via a link from the email and you'll know if it's genuine or not.

I applied for it (I can't remember if I did specifically, or if I just have the "I'm interested in betaing games" option turned on) and not had anything yet, but I can wait really. I've already bought it. Seems pretty good for you to try it out if you weren't going to buy it in the first place!
ash

Post by ash »

The thing with diablo that I never really got is, it didn't seem hard and went on for ages, and the only reward was uber cut-scene videos. I suspect that it is better when played co-op, but is that possible with D3?

hmm.

I guess I'll check it out and see what happens. My hands already hurt from RSI so I might as well go down in a mass of flaming digits
Septih
Rick Roller

Post by Septih »

Off the top of my head I'm pretty certain that it will have co-op. multiplayer was a pretty big part of diablo 2.

Most of the proper players played on the harder difficulties you get when you beat the game for the first time, like hardcore where you only get one life.
tomas

Post by tomas »

ash wrote:The thing with diablo that I never really got is, it didn't seem hard and went on for ages, and the only reward was uber cut-scene videos.
Best thing I liked about Diablo 2 was doing different builds, and the loads of options you had. At the end of the day though, it's a pretty grindy game, and I'd imagine Diablo 3 will be similar... But it's just a matter of if you like or hate the grind.
Korruptor

Post by Korruptor »

In case those interested hadn't seen, release date has been set for 15th May!
ash

Post by ash »

Its an okay game for Beta, not sure about the longevity of it.

got a monk to max level before they wiped the chars, and it was interesting. Then tried some co-op online which was ok, but didn't really feel epic or anything. Just the same as before but more.
FragZero

Post by FragZero »

FragZero#2117
Warrior => Stainomo
Druid => Kokopelli
Commando
Shogun on Sabbatical

Post by Commando »

EVE Online login page today:

Those who tried to log in to Diablo III yesterday will understand. ;)
Commando, Scytale, Leto, Yueh, Thufir, Chani
Demonheart

Post by Demonheart »

I was being hesistant so my cousin bought me the game as an early birthday present. It seemed boring at first, but then I got into and then the addiction kicked in. It's nothing I can't handle, I won't lose my life to it. I plan to just have one character, a demon hunter, and farm inferno on it for as long as it feels fun. Demon hunters are great fun, and apparently among the very best classes in the game. Barbs are crying op, but DH's still get one shot despite having great damage, so it's a matter of which playstyle you like.

I'm 51, and I have 2 friends that are leveling me up and loaning me starter weapons for inferno, should be fun. :)

s4mu3l.mu$tonen@aalto.fi for the realID if you're interested - Note: The 4 is an A, the 3 stands for E and the $ represents an S, it's for spam protection.
Mr. President, get up or I will kill you right there.
In loving memory of Jack Bauer
Septih
Rick Roller

Post by Septih »

Demonheart wrote:but DH's still get one shot despite having great damage, so it's a matter of which playstyle you like.
So do barbs, they just don't get the good dps part of the deal :P Depends if you like farming gold and waiting for awesome items before you can progress (or skipping as many mobs as possible to get to the end)
Animma

Post by Animma »

Septih wrote:
Demonheart wrote:but DH's still get one shot despite having great damage, so it's a matter of which playstyle you like.
So do barbs, they just don't get the good dps part of the deal :P Depends if you like farming gold and waiting for awesome items before you can progress (or skipping as many mobs as possible to get to the end)
Seppy's the best barbarian though, he's in act 4 after all.
Septih
Rick Roller

Post by Septih »

totally cleared ponyland.
Animma

Post by Animma »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DclvZK-3 ... e=youtu.be
Pretty crappy kill but it died anyway. Yes I got trapped, I'd been up all night and attempting this for several hours, had actually planned for this try to be my last one before going to bed so my concentration wasn't at its best!
ash

Post by ash »

The gold spam -_-
Dreams of being better