Darkmoon Card: Heroism

Got World of Warcraft news? Seen something cool? Share it here.

Moderator: Guild Shogun

Vecko

Darkmoon Card: Heroism

Post by Vecko »

Well seeing how the prices dropped for the deck cards I'm planning on getting myself the card of Heroism.

I often find myself getting killed in the bg's by my opponents when it's only a matter of hitting them one more time before they would have died instead of me xD. Equiping the card should provide me those extra few seconds needed or so that is what I'm hoping for.

Anyone having experience with this card in pvp?
Heeuge

Post by Heeuge »

I've been through quite a few months worth of AV/AB/WSG with my trusty heroism card and to be honest it isn't worth the outlay (from a rogue's point of view at least). Though it procs pretty damn often, usually as much as 3 times in a 15s fight on a lvl60 mob, in PVP the healing it gives me is easily nullified by the battering I get by pretty much all classes.

I'd recommend a maelstrom card (if you can find the 5 & 6 cards - they're stupidly rare) for the 2-300 dmg proc that kicks in maybe every 10s of fighting, often more. If I get more time to get my PvP back on track I plan on comparing the benefits of dual-wielding heroism & maelstrom cards compared to heroism & blackhand's breadth and maelstrom & blackhand's breadth.

That said, my pvp gear is high on hp, low on AP to give me some semblance of survivability. Assuming I can pick my battles (ie don't get destealthed by a rabbit farting as I approach) I find lower AP but more HP to play with gives me a fighting chance. This might well be different for a feral druid. ;)
Septih
Rick Roller

Post by Septih »

it's nice for non-stop grinding ;)

pvp, meh
Heeuge

Post by Heeuge »

Septih wrote:it's nice for non-stop grinding ;)

Definitely! It reduced my downtime in my EPL grindspot to nothing! That said, I've progressed to the point it was healing me while I was at max hp already so I swap it out for maelstrom now and kill even faster \o/
Vecko

Post by Vecko »

Sounds very good, gonna try and get the deck before the next fair. Might start collecting the cards for the maelstrom's aswell too. Thanks for the info xD