Scytale's application (Druid, 70) - EXAMPLE

Use this forum to apply to join CTSamurai. Make sure to read the announcements and stickies first!

Moderators: Guild Shogun, Class Leads

Commando
Shogun on Sabbatical

Scytale's application (Druid, 70) - EXAMPLE

Post by Commando »

Section 1 - About Yourself

1. Real name: Ian
  2. Age: 27
  3. Location: Manchester, UK
  4. Why do you want to join CTSamurai?: I want to be part of a guild where the guild itself is more important than raiding or getting the most epics
  5. Do you have friends in the guild who would recommend you? If so please state who, and how you know them: Heeuge would hopefully recommend me, I went to University with him
  6. What guilds have you been in and why did you leave?: None, this will be my first
  7. Have you read the pages marked About and Apply at the top of this page?: Yes
  8. What do you enjoy doing most in WoW?: Teamwork in general, so I like running instances and grouping to complete quests.
  9. How often do you play?: Most days, at least a few hours at a time.
  10. How experienced a player would you say you were (how long have you played your character and to what stage of raiding have you achieved)?: I've played since the beta and levelled four characters to level 70, so I'd say pretty experienced. As far as raid experience goes, I've cleared ZG, Onyxia's Lair, MC, Karazhan, Gruul's Lair and Magtheridon's Lair. I've killed some of the bosses in BWL, ZA, SSC and TK.
  11. What is your biggest weakness as a player?: On my Druid, I find it difficult to keep triple-stacked Lifebloom going while healing other people in a raid. On my Paladin, I don't use BoP enough and I sometimes don't recast Holy Shield fast enough.
  12. Tell us a little about yourself and your interests outside WoW: I work in IT and my time outside WoW is generally spent either at the cinema, watching TV series like 24 and Heroes, or going out drinking with work or with friends.

If you answer no to any of the following questions please elaborate with a reason
  13. Do you have first aid skill 375?: Yes.
  14. Are you able to install addons such as CTRA/oRA2?: Yes, I already have them installed.
  15. Are you able to install and use TS2 and be able to listen to it every raid?: Yes, I already have it installed.
  16. Are you able to raid between the hours of 20.15 and 00.30 server time Wednesday to Friday evenings and 14.15 till 18.30 server time Saturday and Sunday afternoons (Please note you do not have to be able to attend all these time slots but an indication of how many of these slots you can attend will be useful)?: I can usually raid on Wednesday and Thursday evening, and either Saturday or Sunday.

Section 2 - About Your Characters (please repeat this section for each character applying for membership)

1. Name: Scytale
  2. Race: Night Elf
  3. Class: Druid
  4. Level: 70
  5. Build type: Restoration, Tree Of Life, 10/0/51
  6. Why did you choose it and explain why it is a good spec: I like the challenge of healing only through HoTs, so all my points in Resto are to improve my HoT healing. The points in Balance are to help when soloing.
  7. List your attunements / heroic keys: MC, Onyxia, BWL and Karazhan. I have all the Heroic keys.
  8. Paste a link to your Armoury profile here. If you have additional sets of equipment (resistance gear, off-class gear, etc) you should give details of these as well:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... &n=Scytale
  1. Name: Leto
  2. Race: Dwarf
  3. Class: Paladin
  5. Build type: Protection, 0/45/16
  6. Why did you choose it and explain why it is a good spec: I like proving that Paladins can tank. The build includes all the standard Paladin tanking talents as well as Improved SoC to improve the DPS of the rest of the raid and Pursuit of Justice to increase resistance to spell damage.
  7. List your attunements: MC, Onyxia, BWL and Karazhan. I have all the Heroic keys.
  8. Paste a link to your Armoury profile here. If you have additional sets of equipment (resistance gear, off-class gear, etc) you should give details of these as well:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... lon&n=Leto
    I also have a set of mixed Frost/Nature resist armour for Hydross and basic Arcane and Fire resist sets.
  1. Name: Commando
  2. Race: Human
  3. Class: Mage
  5. Build type: Frost, 10/0/51
  6. Why did you choose it and explain why it is a good spec: I like the survivability of a Frost build - I find I die far less frequently than most other Mages. The Arcane points mainly for mana regen.
  7. List your attunements: MC, Onyxia, BWL and Karazhan. I have all the Heroic keys.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... n=Commando

Section 3 - Other Characters (please repeat this section for each character not applying for membership)
  1. Character: Chani
  2. Class, Level: Warrior, 5
  3. Guild: None
  4. Reason for not applying: Bank character.