Mayinjur Application (Warrior, 90)[A]

Use this forum to apply to join CTSamurai. Make sure to read the announcements and stickies first!

Moderators: Guild Shogun, Class Leads

Mayinjur

Mayinjur Application (Warrior, 90)[A]

Post by Mayinjur »

About Me
I have been playing WoW since Burning Crusade and that's also when I got into raiding. My goals are to consistently improve myself in terms of gameplay and performance where possible. In this expansion my guild went through a transition where our GM didn’t want to raid lead so I took the job and it gave me a good amount of experience for announcing and arranging tactics for our group. This also meant I spent even more time researching boss encounters so I had a full understanding if anyone of my raiders had questions.
About You
I'm applying to CTSamurai because I feel the way the guild is run, group of friends who enjoy raiding and not a group of raiders, suits what I want the game to be for me right now. The raiding times are pretty much perfect as well and barring my kidnapping by the crazy guy next door I can attend them. In addition to this I have played a couple raids with a CT raider and was glad to find out he was a good guy to talk to and raid with.
About your character

Name: Mayinjur
Level: 90
Class: Warrior
Spec: Protection (mainspec) DPS offspec (whichever spec does more)
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/n ... r/advanced

I rerolled warrior in Cataclysm to help my old guild during Firelands, ever since then I have fallen in love with the style of the class and the utility it now brings in MoP making me feel more than useful in a raid setting. Not having played warrior seriously before this time, I had to learn quickly which I managed to do before we hit heroic content at that stage.
I started my offspec as arms but went fury when simulationcraft gave me good results with it due to gear improvement and have never looked back it's a great spec which I enjoy a lot.

Final thoughts
Thank you for considering my application, I look forward to your decision. If you have any questions you want to ask me, I’d be happy to oblige.
"Without Knowledge, Skill cannot be focused. Without Skill, Strength cannot be brought to bear and without Strength, Knowledge may not be applied." - Alexander the Great's Chief Physician
Animma

Re: Mayinjur Application (Warrior, 90)

Post by Animma »

If I'm not mistaken I was the guy you played with. You actually left an impression as one of the few smart and focused people left in the game so I'm giving this my definite approval!
Septih
Rick Roller

Post by Septih »

Hi Gavin.

Thanks for the application. An endorsement from Craig (Animma, Ayunae, Selari, whatever he's offering himself out as these days) goes a long way!

Another tank/dps would be very useful to us and we'd be happy to have you, though depending on the signs we get with people coming back for 5.2 I don't know how often you'd get to raid. Ultimately this is up to Getslaven who leads the raids, but if you're signing for every raid then it's likely you'll be invited for at least 50% of them.

(Technically it's my spot you'd be stealing, but I can just DPS some or sit others out, I'm not that addicted right now ;))

If that's agreeable with you then feel free to pester an officer for an invite. Or if you have further questions then ask here or in game.

P.S. whereabouts in the north east are you? I recently moved back down south after spending the last 8 years in Durham/Newcastle :(
Mayinjur

Post by Mayinjur »

I'd be more than happy to sign for raids and see how the setups works out, I don't expect to be raiding straight away but I'll keep tabs on current progress and align my boss research with that. With the patch coming tomorrow I was under no illusions that you'd take me over a current raider, but if there happens to be a gap then I'm ready to rick roll the thunderking :)