Zuriel's Application - Holy Paladin

Use this forum to apply to join CTSamurai. Make sure to read the announcements and stickies first!

Moderators: Guild Shogun, Class Leads

Zuriel

Zuriel's Application - Holy Paladin

Post by Zuriel »

About you

Outside of WoW I am working as a software developer. I have been doing this for the last 7 years and I am pretty good at it. I am a very positive, calm and patient person. But who wants to hear all this boring stuff, lets talk WoW!

Well my WoW story is not so original – I see many people have walked down this path :). I started playing back in the chaos we now call Vanilla. Things slowly turned hardcore. Raiding every day was not that difficult back then, we were all young and not afraid to throw our lives away. But we got older and more serious and then came the big question – to play or not to play? Well I chose to play. But ever since then I have been trying to play more casual, max 3 and occasionally 4 raids per week, with a few WoW breaks in between expansions. That way I can keep both the great raiding experience and my personal life :).

About us

The short story: I am searching for a new home with nice and active players with which to spend my evenings on the practically dead Neptulon server. From CTSamurai I know only Sata, and I would love to hear her voice again :)

The long story: My current guild, Hostile Foragers, has seen better days. The core people around which the guild was formed back in Cataclysm slowly drifted away from WoW. Our GM took an indefinite break from WoW, our MT started playing 1-2 days per week and is now officially stopping all raiding and so on and so on. We did 7.5 hours raiding per week since spring and for some people even that was too much. We were constantly missing raids or readjusting the schedule in order to gather up. Now that summer vacation is upon us we have decided to stop this madness. There will be no more raiding in Hostile Foragers. The more "raid hungry" part of the guild transferred to a more active server and will now raid 4 days a week / 12 hours. The more casual players – like me – remain here, on Neptulon, in a search for a new home. Hostile Foragers is officially (but not physically) disbanded and you can rarely get more than 2 people online at the same time. And so here I am, looking to find life where the chat fades in the capital.

About your characters

Name: Zuriel
Level: Over 9000
Class: Paladin
Spec: Main: Holy, Offspec: Ret
Item lvl: 537 Holy / 516 Ret
Legendary quest: Already have the cloak

I have played as a Paladin ever since beta and have never even considered switching (talking about crazy when you think about how bad they were in vanailla). I consider myself a paladin expert. I occasionally encounter experienced paladins that can put up a challenge in healing with equal gear, but I have yet to see someone that will beat me so hard to make me go cry to my mother :). Now more seriously, I don’t like to boast. You shall see no more of it. I consider myself a good enough player.

Heroic progress: 3/13 Jin’rokh, Ji-Kun, IronQon
Heroic Experience:
Jin’rokh – cd heal first and third storms
Horridon – nothing special
Ji-Kun – fly with second group
IronQon – second ranged soak group
Twin Consorts – nothing special (have never painted)

Character Link:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/n ... l/advanced

Last HC Kills Raid Logs:
Jin’rokh - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ao8i ... 176&e=1415
Ji-Kun - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ao8i ... 449&e=5924
Iron Qon - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/f1u4 ... 645&e=6223

About your character

Name: Bubbles
Level: 90
Class: Priest
Spec: Disc / Holy
Item lvl: 486

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/n ... s/advanced

My lovely and sexy priest. This is my first alt that reaches 90 :). I leveled her last week. She is still fresh from the oven but I intend to gear her up as much as possible. Priests are insane healers in the hands of good players.

Final thoughts

I know you are probably not looking for a healer. But as I already mentioned I am practically homeless. I am not someone obsessed with the idea of having a raid spot. I just want to play with active people. I don’t mind if I’ll be a last-resort backup and sit on the bench 99% of the time. Of course it would be lovely if you would actually need me from time to time, just to make me feel useful :).

I did went over the raiding rules and you can 100% expect from me:
- to sign several days/weeks in advance
- listen very carefully to everything that is being said
- carry out my tasks to the best of my abilities
- come prepared and give constructive feedback :)
- don’t do stupid things

Why you would not want to take me even if you were looking exactly for me?
Because I will not speak during raids. My real life does not allow it. But in exchange I listen more carefully, I focus more on the game and I perform better overall. Healers don’t really need to speak a lot since in most of the fights they don’t get to do anything special in order to be able to focus on healing. The only time I wanted to actually speak this far in ToT was a “click me” on heroic Iron Qon, but that is a “raid awareness” issue and I actually have a macro for it :)
Animma

Re: Zuriel's Application - Holy Paladin

Post by Animma »

One of the better apps I've seen recently! Going to talk to a few other people about this and try and get back to you later today, feel free to post any other questions here or I'm reachable in-game on Ayunae or Asraie.
Satara

Post by Satara »

Glad u applyed=)) Zuriel used to be my ex raider. when i saw him healing in one of our pugs outhealing our main healers with pvp gear i had to have him! Hope we have some space for this awesome healer
Getslaven
Rogue Class Leader

Post by Getslaven »

Will have a chat with the others today, and get back to you later tonight. If you are around at 23.30 - 00.00 server time.

Cheers
Getslaven
Zuriel

Post by Zuriel »

Thank you all for the fast replies. I really appreciate it. I am using my raid-free time to rest in order to be in top shape when needed so I will probably not stay up late (here it is +1 server time). I will be keeping an eye on the forum.
Getslaven
Rogue Class Leader

Post by Getslaven »

-- ACCEPTED --

whisper nonplus, obscura, smuigh, getslaven, ayunae, or sepparash ingame for an invite.

Good luck :mrgreen: