Axemaiden's Application (Arms Warrior)

Use this forum to apply to join CTSamurai. Make sure to read the announcements and stickies first!

Moderators: Guild Shogun, Class Leads

Axemaiden

Axemaiden's Application (Arms Warrior)

Post by Axemaiden »

Hi! This is my application :)

About me

I've played WoW since Vanilla, and have an extensive raiding history. I'll try to keep it brief :)
Vanilla:
Main character: Wylde (Warrior tank)
Raids completed: MC, BWL, ZG, most of AQ20, Onyxia

BC:
Main character: Alanassori (Ret Paladin)
Raids completed: Karazhan, Gruul's Lair

WotlK:
Main character(s): Hedra (Assassination Rogue), Taeralan (Prot Paladin)
Raids completed: Naxx 10/25, Ulduar 10, EoE 10, OS 10/25, ToTC 10/25, RS 10 HC, Onyxia 10/25, ICC 10/25/10 HC (up to LK)...Oh, and VoA too ^^

Cata:
Main character: Lightwyn (Prot Paladin)
Raids completed: Throne of the Four Winds 10, Firelands 10 (and first 2 on HC), DS 10/LFR

MoP:
Main Character: Axemaiden (Arms Warrior)
Raids completed: Every raid so far...on LFR >.>

*Most of these characters are either gone (my first account got hacked and banned), or have been subject to name/faction changes.

I've been in many guilds on many servers, most recently I've spent the last year in the guild Broken, operated by Violetta. Sadly, during my hiatus from the ending of Cata to the beginning of MoP, the guild has fallen apart, and is now only a shadow of its former self, with only 1-3 people online at a time. So, I've taken the decision to leave, and seek out greener pastures (even though I am not a cow. I just enjoy the sight of green grass).

In real life, I am an aspiring actor and musician, and have recently completed a major production, Robin Hood, with the Royal Danish Theatre. We played for 3.5k paying customers per night, for 31 nights straight. It. Was. Brutal.

How I found CTSamurai, and why I want to join:
I was browsing guilds, and your guild immediately caught my attention. Apart from the fantastic name, the guild description piqued my interest, and I decided to head to your website. I found myself smiling at the raid rules sticky, because I agree completely. You seem like a responsible, earnest, hard-working guild, and I want to be part of that team. If you'll have me, that is.

I'm not all about raiding, though. I am a very social person, and very much enjoy chatting with other people.

About your character

Name: Axemaiden
Level: 90 last I checked
Class: Warrior
Spec: Arms/Prot

Axemaiden is not exactly the first character I created, nor the first I got to 90, but it is the character I enjoy to play the most. When I got to 90, I wanted it to be a tank, but decided that I wanted to gear up through LFR first. I started out as fury, but as fury is not very effective at lower gear levels, I decided to play arms instead, and have found myself not looking back. I love playing arms, because it's very visceral and satisfying. I fully plan on switching back to fury for higher DPS once I've geared up sufficiently.

On talents:
I started out with Bladestorm, but I've found Dragon Roar to be overall more effective, as it is not channeled, and has a lesser cooldown. It can also be used for interrupting on mobs that are not immune to knockback. I've chosen Bloodbath, as it is proven to be the largest DPS gain of the 3 90-talents.

I also have some alts:

Name: Darkwyn
Level: 90
Class: Warlock
Spec: Destruction

Darkwyn is the third character I got to 90. I've played destruction since Cata, and have found it very satisfying in the same vein as Arms for warrior. I mostly play it as an alt, and it is not geared up at all yet.

Name: Alanassori
Class: Death Knight
Spec: Frost/Blood

Alanassori is the very first character I leveled to 90, and the character I played second-most in Cata. She's currently Horde, on the Runetotem realm.

Name: Tastyslam
Class: Paladin
Spec: Ret/Prot

Originally Lightwyn, Tastyslam is now a Belf paladin on Al'Akir. The character I did most raiding with in Cata.

Name: Bootaylicious (I did NOT pick that name!)
Level: 86
Class: Rogue
Spec: Assassination

Originally Hedra. Currently on Frostmane. My friend, as a prank, gave me a name change to that ridiculous name, and I have not had the stomach to level it to 90 because of that.

I am an avid leveler, and, should you wish a specific class, I will gladly level and gear that class up with a smile.

Final thoughts

Thank you for reading my application, I hope you've found it interesting...and that you're still awake. If not, please feel free to use it as a substitute for sleeping pills!

In all seriousness, I sincerely hope to hear from you. I'm just itching to join a new guild and get to know lots of new, awesome people. I'm thinking this could be that guild :)

I'm not big into books, and I find most modern poems pretentious and boring, but I am a sucker for good guitarplay, so I've posted my very favorite rendition of Paranoid by Black Sabbath. If any of you enjoy Hard Rock/Metal, you'll love watching Zakk Wylde shred that axe!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_bOyp5F_1Q

Have a nice day :)

Axemaiden/Adam
Animma

Re: Axemaiden's Application (Arms Warrior)

Post by Animma »

I'll say the same thing I do to everyone - our raiding roster is a bit bloated at the moment and we simple can't fit anyone else in. We will, however, be running flex raid next patch so there's a chance for everyone to get involved there. If you're looking for normal/heroic stuff then we really won't be able to provide unless someone unexpectedly drops out. Other than that we're totally open to members and we often have other 5 man content and such going on along with a bit of general fun. Feel free to contact me in-game on Ayunae or Asraie if you want to chat about this and we'll see what we can work out =)