Kakapenka's application (Paladin, 90)

Use this forum to apply to join CTSamurai. Make sure to read the announcements and stickies first!

Moderators: Guild Shogun, Class Leads

Kakapenka

Kakapenka's application (Paladin, 90)

Post by Kakapenka »

About you

Uhm, what can I say about me now ....
I like the long walks between the auction house and the mailbox. I spend a lot of time in wow, doing stupid shit mostly, sometimes in rather inefficient way. Most of the times even I don't know what I'm trying to say or where I was going, typing something in gchat. Speaking of typing I'm terrible at it.
I am a lil dorf racist and hate all kinds of elves with great passion! There are exceptions ofc but most elves follow the rule to be the most annoying and incompetent things that roam the earth or fly the skies ninjaing all the herbs and beeing obnoxious in any way imaginable. Given the chance I vote them out of my dungeon groups/raids for being elves alone.

Previous guilds:
Disbanded - few weeks mid 2013
Hostile Foragers - mid 2013-late 2010
The Nephilim - few weeks in late 2010
Livonia - late 2010-mid 2008
House Lloth (on Warsong) - mid 2006-mid 2005

About us

I want to join you guys, because I want to be part of a community of normal mature players, that know their ways around Azeroth and that shattered piece of junk nobody in their right mind visits anyway.

Most of my friends stopped playing during MoP and half my guildmates(the raid team) moved for a fresh start on a high pop horde realm. Moving away from Neptulon isn't going to work out for me, bcos I will not spend this pile of cash to move my supply chain anywhere.
I am currently with Disbanded raid team, but that didn't work out for me. Their raid schedule seemed casual enough for my taste, but after few weeks on it, I feel its overwhelming. That whole thing led me to believe I became a filthy casual in the past few years, raiding less than 10 hrs weekly. This is why I am going to try out the flex raiding thing coming next patch and I prefer to be in the mentioned above community of normal mature players, so my exposure to the realm "elves" is minimal. If need arises I can also be a full time tank like in a real raid and all that.

I am not sure how can check the guild rooster to see familiar names, but I know for sure you became home to 2 of my friends Deadri and Zuriel.
I can vaguely remember Ayunae to have crafted me an armor piece for my sweet tank mog set, but thats it in terms of knowing anyone in the guild.

About your character

Name: Kakapenka
Level: 90
Class: Paladin
Spec: Tank - main / DPS - offspec

Hai there!
I'm Kakapenka, you might have heard of me, or not. I don't blame you, nobody is perfect (but me ;) ). This is my first char I made in 2005 and played ever since with a small interruption just before TBC release. I have been full time tanking since Cata launch with a dash of 10m ICC tanking. At this point I'm decently geared to tank heroic ToT and SoO normals and to win LFR dmg meters while dpsing and no other normal geared dps is around :).

I have way too many alts to bloat this post so here is a link to wowprogress where most of them are listed. There are also 2 horde ones on Jaedenar. In my defense the elf was made by a friend back in vanilla, and I leveled it up later when the dorf brew was available in BRD. Nowdays I'm too cheap to turn her into the master dorf race permanently.
pls dont judge me !

Final thoughts

If you chose to have me, I can provide flasks and probably food for a decent sized raid team. Right now i'm stockpiling on living steel and can't make raid potions on my own but that can change.

I maybe have a farming problem and farm on all my eligible chars every day since MoP launch.

Example of the stupid things I do sometimes:

Example of stupid things I do every day:
https://eu.theunderminejournal.com/sell ... er=Cubinec
Filthy casuals, unite!
Zuriel

Re: Kakapenka's application (Paladin, 90)

Post by Zuriel »

Pena is a real life friend of mine. We met back in vanilla and I can't imagine what I would have done without his dwarvish humor all these years.
He is the most WoW addicted player I have ever seen. He is always there and ready to help. Sometimes I think he never sleeps. His work allows him to play 24/7.
Most of the time you can find him on one of his alts skimming the AH or farming shinies like a true dwarf!
He lied about being able to provide flasks and food for a decent sized raid team. He can provide for half of the realm.
He is also the second craziest tank I have ever known and that is just because I saw how Ayunae solo tanks half of HC ToT.
Kakapenka

Post by Kakapenka »

Technically the video at the office overheats just over 70 degrees and reboots the pc, but with some clever trickery i can post auctions and do the farming.
Filthy casuals, unite!
Medeah

Post by Medeah »

Thumbs up from me all the way!

Did Mechi get to tell you I was asking about buying those feasts and flasks and stuff from your gbank for CTSamurai since they were just idling there? I might have also stolen some glyph for my paladin in the process. :D

Good luck with the app, hope I'll see you in the guild soon.
Animma

Post by Animma »

With the backing of two established members, and a well written application as well, it shouldn't be a problem to accept you. I don't see either of our current tanks (myself and Sepparash) going anywhere in the near future so potential for normal/heroic mode raiding may be limited, however we do fully intend to do flexi and there's often other goings on like challenge mode stuff or scenarios etc. Regardless, we're at Lei-Shen heroic with a 9 hour per week schedule, so less than 10 hours is by no means a filthy casual!

Feel free to contact me in-game and we can discuss this, I'm typically lurking around on either Ayunae or Asraie.