Healadin, level 90 paladin, social/flex application

Use this forum to apply to join CTSamurai. Make sure to read the announcements and stickies first!

Moderators: Guild Shogun, Class Leads

Healadin

Healadin, level 90 paladin, social/flex application

Post by Healadin »

About you

Well, as read above, my name is Mickeal (which is pronounced just like "Michael") and I'm a 31 year old Dutchman, living in Amstelveen, just south of Amsterdam. I'm a warehouse employee at the Schiphol airport area, with nice collegues and a good work atmosphere, which is a very pleasant change from the 9 year drag of supermarkets.
I've been playing the game since like forever. Started out around a year after the game's launch, which should make for about 8 years or so now. Been out of the game for 7-8 months, about a month after MoP was launched till half June last year. Due to the fall of my current guild, the lack of friends that still play the game, as well as the relative boredom of MoP, I haven't been very active in the past 2 months either, taking some time to do things I wasn't able to do anymore since I started playing again in June and trying to figure out what it is I wanna do with my time.

About us

For now I'd like to join as a social member, and possibly a flexraider if you have weekly runs for alts and/or fun. I'm honestly not sure if I'm getting back to raiding again in this expansion for various reasons, but I am looking forward to pick things up again when Warlords hits. I'm quite positive about the new upcoming expansion and I think it'll suit me more than this current one. Having said that, I'm not excluding any possibility of raiding again now.
I've played with Medeah in Ad Infinitum for the time I was there and we've been in contact eversince, and I've raided with Exploitz in Delightful Raiders since July.
My time online is not to just raid, but raiding does account for about half of my time spent online, 5-10% goes to preparing myself for the next raid and the remaining 40-45% is to have fun and spend time with friends. Most of my old buddies have either quit or remained or gone back to the Horde. I'm hoping to find some new buddies here, as this is a well established guild. You've been around for a very long time, and I think that has a great deal to do with the people that are around.
I'm also hoping, especially in the new expansion, I'll be considdered for raids. If I need to prove myself for that, I'm more than willing to take up the challenge, change specs and even characters if need be. I'm tolerant, have a good insight, a raider's mindset, I'm always prepared, in time and will do what's asked and expected of me as I do the best I can. If for raids I'm preferred for another role, the paladin can reroll any spec. If another character is needed, my list of alts in listed at the bottom which you can easily choose from. Only one new to raiding is the warrior. Every other has either been a main at some point or has actively raided alt runs.

About your character

Name: Healadín
Level: 90
Class: Paladin
Spec: Prot/Retri/Holy

As soon as this character hit level 10, 7 months into TBC, I've been Holy and I've leveled to 70 as holy. In WotLK and Cataclysm I've been prot to level up, but always had Holy as main spec. With Mists I've lost the love for healing. After a horrible start at the launch, I stopped for playing for some 8 months and came back last June out of curiosity and having far too much time on my hands. I found that healing dungeons was OK, but raid heals was still shit. Then a friend approached me about his guild's setups raid comp-wise and said they could use a decent healer but also needed a proper tank. Since filling the healer spot was easier fixed, I agreed to take up prot as main spec to help out and see if it was still as much fun as it was back in TBC and WotLK where I tanked a LOT with my alt paladin. And hey, it worked out :)
I can't say anything else than that I love to play paladin. They're versitile and good at any role. It's by far the one class I've loved the most over the years and I've never considdered playing anything else as main since I made one for some fun times with a friend of mine. I've played paladin for about... 7,5 years now, always having an alt paladin along side of my main and another one on my old server as Horde (yes, I had 3 level 90 paladins second week in MoP...). I've mainly played Holy, and only since last summer have seriously been playing another spec and I have to say that I really enjoy prot. I'm least experienced as retri however, but I do think it's kinda fun to play as well.

About the spec choices...
Tier 1: Mainly I go for either Speed of Light for the occasional speed boost or Long Arm for more overall run speed seeing with all that haste Judgement is on a low CD and the uptime is fairly high.
Tier 2: Fist of Justice, mainly cause the rest is even worse in raids or out in the world questing.
Tier 3: Eternal Flame since it was boosted in 5.4 and SS was nerfed pretty hard. Does quite some decent off-healing. Selfless Healer just doesn't stack up against EF with all the vengeance
Tier 4: Unbreakable Spirit, as that's borderline OP with the tier-set bonus, plus a high(er) uptime on Divine Protection
Tier 5: Used to run with Divine Purpose in 5.3, but switched to Sanctified Wrath in 5.4 to try it out after it received some buffs and it fits in nicely with my playstyle. I love it on openings where I don't have enough vengeance yet.
Tier 6: Most of the times, Light's Hammer for some off-heals or cause of the multiple targets. On a pure single-target fight I always run Execution Sentence for more output.

Glyphs-wise I always use Alabaster, as I think it's a mandatory glyph. Most of the times I'm using WoG as well for the extra dmg output, and DP for an extra physical dmg CD. Where needed, I'll swith either the DP and/or WoG glyph around with what's needed at that time, like a Hand of Sacrifice or Focussed Shield.
Battle-healer is a no-go since the changes with 5.4, which is why I run with Seal of Truth instead of Light.

==============================

As far as alts go, I haven't had any time since June to actively play and maintain any, as well as the fact there were no alt runs. So for now, it means none is geared for anything other than having some Timeless Isle gear. In the past, I've always had an alt paladin and either my lock or dr00d, all geared for normal and some heroic (current) content.
Alts are a lock (old main during Ulduar), boomkin/resto dr00d, elemental shaman, huntard (old main in Vanila and beginning of TBC) and Fury warrior. Both the shaman and warrior don't really have an active off-spec, although the shaman was supposed to pick up resto along the way and the warrior should have prot.

Final thoughts

I like pie and I love movies! And I think this is about the shortest application I've ever written :)
Getslaven
Rogue Class Leader

Re: Healadin, level 90 paladin, social/flex application

Post by Getslaven »

Hi Mike ;)

Think I've seen you around various groups from time to time.

Funny how this was your shortest apply since it's prob the longest apply we've gotten in a while :)

Find either me (getslaven), Ayunae, or Sepparash ingame for a chat.

In regards to raiding we are pretty much full for this tier. Although we are preparing for WoD and will give ppl the chance to play considering we are going from 10 to 25/20.

At the moment we have two 10 man teams raiding that will merge + some new faces.
Animma

Post by Animma »

Oh you work in Schiphol? We used to have someone else who worked there too, doing some baggage stuff I believe.
Healadin

Post by Healadin »

Hehe, normally I'd have an application about 3 times the size of this one, so ye... short :P
Getslaven
Rogue Class Leader

Post by Getslaven »

Hi

Sorry for not being available these past days. Have been doing some travelling work wise, but should be online from 9 - 10 PM server time tomorrow.

//Rob
Healadin

Post by Healadin »

It's OK, man :) Ayunae already passed me an invite. Hope you're ot traveling too much!
But if it's a chat you want, I'll be on on Thursday and in the weekend. Spending the evening at a friend tomorrow, so I can't make that time :(
Zuriel

Post by Zuriel »

I'm always happy to see more good players strengthening our trustworthy paladin society! Welcome aboard! 8)
Healadin

Post by Healadin »

Hi there again! Seeing this topic is still accessable, maybe a bit out of the blue though, but think this would be more proper than an in-game chat and possible invite.
I'd like to re-open my previous application :P

As I had stated in the original application, I didn't think I'd get back to raiding and "serious" activity in MoP, which obviously didn't happen. I've had a good time in the raids I joined with you guys. Eventhough they were only flexes, there's some good organization during the raids and people've showed the kind of skills I'd like to see in raids I'm in. I have no idea if you have any use of me to be honest, but I guess it never hurts to give it a shot.

I've left the guild earlier to help some friends and old guildies in Uncensored restart their raids. In the few weeks I was there we managed to get things going again, some applicants and more people showing up that I wasn't needed anymore and my work was done, and I've been guildless eversince. They're a nice bunch, but frankly not the kind of guild or group I'm looking for for expanding my raiding experiences.

I'm currently prot/retri, but I've played some holy on the PTR, seen some vids and read the changes and I'm interested into giving that another go after a MoP healing break. Not entirely sure which spec I'll have for off-spec, but the most obvious would prolly be retri for the sake of leveling. Seeing I've played a "lot" of prot in MoP and like retri, I'm confident I'll be able to play all 3 specs decently now.

In case healing doesn't work out or the paladin isn't needed, I'm offering a reroll (huntard, shaman, warrior, dr00d, in that order I think) as I'll be leveling up at least 1 alt upon the launch of WoD.
For the launch of WoD, my plans are currently to hardcore level my main and an alt in the first week and gather as much gear and experience as needed for at least the main. Whenever I have time I'll be working on the alt(s). As I took 2 weeks off of work, the first week is for leveling. Second week sadly was for more playing, but I've changed the schedule to make a surprise visit to my grandma and family in Portugal for her 80th birthday and the celebrations that'll come with it. If I rememeber correctly though, raids shouldn't be up before the 26th, and I'll be back on the 24th, so it shouldn't harm any progress or gear farms. Just need to be sure to have my kit ready before I leave :P

So in "short", for now another application for a social spot. As I remember from before, even socials will get a shot at a raid spot, so I'd like to give it my best if I'm allowed.

Thanks for your time.
Animma

Post by Animma »

As I remember you fit in fairly well here, and you left on good terms, so there's really no problem with you being back here. As for raiding, mythic is currently ridiculously easy so you're totally welcome to sign up to those and grab some kills there etc :D
Healadin

Post by Healadin »

Hahaha, thanks for the speedy reply!
Sounds wonderful for now! But I'm not yet holy :P So either prot or retri will have to be it. Guessing you have no tank issues, so I'll fix my gear for maining retri as I'll have to do that anyway for leveling :)

If your thoughts are shared by others, I'll pop online in a few and whisp someone in-game for an invite. Gotta do some householding now :|