Kasolock's application (warlock, 90)

Use this forum to apply to join CTSamurai. Make sure to read the announcements and stickies first!

Moderators: Guild Shogun, Class Leads

kaso

Kasolock's application (warlock, 90)

Post by kaso »

About you

I'm PHP programmer for more than 10 years. I play computer games (duh), have all Blizzard games. Right now I'm actively playing Civilization: Beyond Earth, Colin McRae Dirt, Diablo3 and sometimes some really old games just because I miss times when they were new (and I was young). I'm fan of NBA, have League Pass. That means I can (and often do) watch any game any time online. And I play basketball once a week myself.

About us

I want to join some guild where I could do some more or less casual raiding. I haven't participated in organized raiding since Dragon Soul, and that's because I don't want to dedicate all that time it takes to do it well. And I make a priority to play basketball every thursday evening and that's when almost every guild does raids.
It's CTSamurai because Cadmus joined here recently, and I know him very well IRL. And some of your members should know me too.

About your character

Name: Kasolock
Level: 90
Class: warlock
Spec: affliction

I used to play warrior as main for most of my raiding "career" (starting from Zul'Gurub to end of Burning Crusade). I switched to warlock later, because I took time off from raiding and tanking in PuG groups is pain in ass. Warlock, because it seemed fastest, most easy class to level.
I don't remember why I chose affliction. Probably because it seems most "warlocky". And 2 expansions later, it still does. I still enjoy affliction more than other lock specs. I'm not a very fast learner, so asking to switch specs will be hard for me. I have done it before though, without much preparation I was asked to "go demo" for Halfus, first boss of Bastion of Twilight. Because of encounter specific mechanics. It worked, but I felt not in my own skin.

Alt: Kaso
As I mentioned, I have played warrior before, a lot. Was MT for whole BC for guild Livonia. I like tanking, as far as it's organized group. Sometimes I play it because of nostalgia.
Alt: Rodush
Restoration/Enhancement shaman. Healer in PuGs, Enh solo. Wanted to try healing, enjoying it moderately.
Alt: Celms
Beastmaster hunter. Leveled this one just for sake of trying something else. And wanted another alchemist for mercantile reasons.

All of mentioned alts are level 90.

Final thoughts

I'm looking for some organized raiding below Mythic difficulty. I'd like some more challenge than LFG, but not sure I want to go "all in" again and spend most of my free time in WoW. And I'd like bit more social interaction than it's available in my current (and only) guild Livonia.
As I mentioned, I'm not very fast learner, but I rarely do same mistake twice. When I do play, I'm engaged, prepared and not lazy.
English is not my native language, technically it's 4th (in order of years I had to study them, my languages are: Latvian, Russian, German, English). But I can understand English very well, as a matter of fact, I do read fiction in English regularly. Due to lack of practice, my spoken English is rusty, but that rarely stops me from speaking up, if I think I have something to say.
Animma

Re: Kasolock's application (warlock, 90)

Post by Animma »

Nice effort here, moreso with English not being your first language. We're always happy to have more casual members in, and we usually have a more friendly raid on Monday evenings raiding a difficulty level below what the main raid is. I don't see any problem with accepting you and I'm sure others will agree with me.
Animma

Post by Animma »

There are a few people you can harass ingame for an invite. Myself on Ayunae, Getslaven, Obscura, Nonplus or Roxy.
Roxy

Post by Roxy »

Animma wrote:Nice effort here, moreso with English not being your first language. We're always happy to have more casual members in, and we usually have a more friendly raid on Monday evenings raiding a difficulty level below what the main raid is. I don't see any problem with accepting you and I'm sure others will agree with me.
this! and welcome!