The Application of Doqq/Pontus - Preferably Druid - Neptulon

Use this forum to apply to join CTSamurai. Make sure to read the announcements and stickies first!

Moderators: Guild Shogun, Class Leads

Doqq

The Application of Doqq/Pontus - Preferably Druid - Neptulon

Post by Doqq »

Character name: Doqq - Neptulon
Race and Class: Druid – NE (open for sugestions)
Main spec and role: Balance/Resto
Dualspec: Resto/Feral/Guardian/Balance
Other classes at 90 (or soon to be 100 if needed by the guild): Priest, Warrior, Mage, Paladin, Hunter, Rogue
Days played (druid/total): 45days/>480days
RealID: Loq#1567

Nationality: Sweden – Stockholm

Some short words about me, myself?
Working in the IT outsourcing business as a Sales Executive I spent a lot of time at work. During my spare time I enjoy gaming plenty, usually I plan my working hours around my commitments elsewhere, such as raiding. I’m 26 years old with a lady and a cat at my side at all times, understandable none the less. With a lot of energy and a social type of personality I see myself as a great team player with enthusiasm for things I like doing. One of which is raiding!

Why would I be applying to you guys?
I’m now looking for a great group of people to share the next expansion with. I expect some great raiding and before all, some memorable evenings with others alike.

How did I get to know about you?
I did some googling and listening around on the server. Since I have been inactive for a while I didn’t know much about you guys here in The Nephilim. I’m eager to hear some more about you through Ventrilo or alike!

Why should you be interested in me?
During my younger years I spent all my spare time leading and managing some of Europe’s most successful guilds as well as playing with some awesome people, several of them becoming IRL friends of mine. Amongst those groups you will find Curse(Stormscale) Nilbog(Stormscale) Fusion(Skullcrusher) Amitia(Eonar) etc. During my 10 years in the World of Warcraft I have experienced every single encounter and all the raid dungeons. I believe myself to be a highly analytic person whom will adopt my playstyle for how Blizzard designs encounters.
Since I’ve always been a team player with a “Team first” attitude I have been able to play all classes and most specializations available. This have through the years helped me with understanding the whole set of requirements put upon a raid.

Tech tools:
Do I use VoIP such as Ventrilo, Skype, Mumble: yes
Do I have a quality sounding microphone, and use it: yes
Do I have a computer system and reliable connectivity for raiding:
Computer specs:
Ivy Bridge based 4960X
16 GB RAM, 2400 mhz
512 GB Samsung Pro SSD (raid)
GeForce GTX 690 SLI

800 mbit internet with 4G redundancy build in to my router
Average FPS in Raids: 90-130 on 2560x1440 with high AA

My Raiding experience in WoW in short words:
- Vanilla –
With great guild I managed to do some rememberable progress on both Horde and Alliance.
High end raiding with: Rogue, Druid(feral AQ-Naxx), Paladin, Warrior, Hunter
Europe top 10 Ragnaros (Raidleader)
Full clears and world top 100 C’thun
Naxx cleared
Rank 13 - PvP

- The Burning Crusade -
Cleared all patches in a speedy phase. (top 120-500 worldwide on all content in a very long expansion)

- Wrath of the Lich King -
Full clear, expect Ulduar (WoW-break)

- Cataclysm -
Full clear of all content

- Mist of Pandaria -
Not too much activity as high end raiding goes
Did clear SoO normal fast with some casual friends when released (6/14 HC)

My Guild history:
In order of appearance. Fusion, DEA, Illuminators, Nilbog, Curse, Team Drunk, Amicitia, Team Drunk, etc.

Special Roles in raids:
Usually the organized type with great knowledge through intense research. Others appreciate having me in Ventrilo for my energy and positive mentality. This often leads to me being tank or healer in raids, though I have a great track record of effective DPS.

My Key bindings and rotations:
I use approximately 23 keybinds and combinations before patch 6.0.X.
Since I see this as a general application by me as a potential member, whom can play a variety of classes, I’ll leave you with the knowledge that I study rotation and theory crafting immense before joining raids with a class.
Screenshot of UI or Video ingame:
Nothing fresh from current content unfortunately
Logs:
Nothing fresh from current content unfortunately

Extra:
A decent web designer and a great businessman, have during the years as a Guild master and an avid PvP played brought in several sponsorship deals for myself and my core-teams. I should mention that I’m a bit of a nerd.

My Times and availability for raids:
Monday-Thursday 18:00 – 00:30 CET, 98% attendance expected through a year of raiding.
Friday 18:00-02:00 CET, 50% attendance expected through a year of raiding.
Saturday 12:00-02:00 CET, 50% attendance expected through a year of raiding.
Sunday 12:00-00:30 CET, 98% attendance expected through a year of raiding.
Roxy

Re: The Application of Doqq/Pontus - Preferably Druid - Nept

Post by Roxy »

Hey!

Cool app and nice to see the effort to sell yourself, considering your career history :)

Feel free to message one of the officers in game for any more questions you may have and an invite into the guild. I'm sure you will find what you're looking for in terms of guild spirit and raid progression here.

Officers most often online include myself (Roxy), Ayunae (GM), Getslaven, Rattlesnake but we have plenty more so ask a member who is online when you are.
Animma

Post by Animma »

How did you come to pick us? Not to complain but we're neither the best guild around nor the most well known one. Given your raid history I can't help but think you might be expecting something we're not.
Doqq

Post by Doqq »

I'm looking forward to talk some more about the future together with you before any long term commitments are being done. I'll pm you guys in game during today!
Medeah

Post by Medeah »

Doqq wrote: How did I get to know about you?
I did some googling and listening around on the server. Since I have been inactive for a while I didn’t know much about you guys here in The Nephilim.
Hey.

Is this Nephilim's template and you just copied it, and forgot to change the guild name? Or am I not getting this phrase? I see you're not currently in The Nephilim either, so I've ruled that interpretation out.
Doqq

Post by Doqq »

Medeah wrote:
Doqq wrote: How did I get to know about you?
I did some googling and listening around on the server. Since I have been inactive for a while I didn’t know much about you guys here in The Nephilim.
Hey.

Is this Nephilim's template and you just copied it, and forgot to change the guild name? Or am I not getting this phrase? I see you're not currently in The Nephilim either, so I've ruled that interpretation out.

I cherry picked questions from two templates to provide you with s transparent picture of me.

Actually i applied to Nephilim as well. I have decided not to continue with you guys since I misunderstood your ambitions for the coming content.

Thank you for taking your time and best of luck in the new expansion!!!