Rudynski's application (shaman, lvl 100, resto/enha)

Use this forum to apply to join CTSamurai. Make sure to read the announcements and stickies first!

Moderators: Guild Shogun, Class Leads

Costin Rudareanu

Rudynski's application (shaman, lvl 100, resto/enha)

Post by Costin Rudareanu »

About you

Depending on who you ask, I'm either too funny or too serious, too talkative or a mute, too fast or too slow, too mature or too childish. Now, math is not my strong point, but I do hope that the average of all this is a normal, balanced person. I've seen a psychologist last year tho and she told me I'm normal, so it's all good i guess.
As far as WoW goes, and it goes way back - 1 year after release - I started as the most "politically correct" hunter player there could be. I would need on all items i could wear (because i didn't know any better back then), gank all horde players i would find (because i was on a PvP realm), read all quest texts, and many more. But I never stacked spirit as hunter, as noobish and ignorant I may have been.
How I ended up with an almost full array of characters I couldn't say but the fact is that now i have almost all the classes in game, except for warlock (those evil, gnomish, best-dressed demonic binders are not for me).
The classes I enjoy most are the hybrids (shaman, druid, monk, paladin) and, concerning specs, I've mostly played healers. I started as resto shaman, but one question kept bugging me at times - "What does that healer do?" - so I cycled through all the healing classes available. Now, at lvl 100 I have only the shaman, druid and monk. I can't honestly remember how far i raided in the past, it's all a blur, mostly because I quit WoW several times, but one moment will always stand out for me: We were in SSC at the Lurker Below. It was close to dying, but our entire raid died. So, I ankhed and, as the last man standing, gave the killing blow to the beast, while the entire raid cheered me on teamspeak. It was such a fun moment that makes me grin even now.

About us

I was lured to CTSamurai by the most lovable player EU - Medeah. When we spoke about it, near the end of 2014, she advertised for a fun and chilled environment, a 2 day/week raiding schedule and, if I remember correctly, "a guild with cool and mature Brits and Swedes but don't expect them to come to heroix". It didn't came up at the time and I didn't have the inspiration to ask, but I'm pretty sure there are also cakes, pie, cookies and other treats involved.
I also happen to know Therius, the tank player. We leveled up together in Draenor, him as tank, me as healer, so I thought it would have been cool to end up in the same guild at lvl 100 and continue my keeping his Draeneic behind (I really don't know whether "ass" or "butt' are appropriate to use in applications) safe in raids too. Unfortunately, for various reasons, he couldn't raid as much as he wanted to and I couldn't write the application sooner.
A new year has come and, hopefully, we'll both get it going on the right track soon.

About your character

Name: Rudynski
Level: 100
Class: Shaman
Spec: Restoration
"- Why do you enjoy playing the shaman?
- I like the shammy because totums and wolfie."
I am really sorry for how stupid this may look, but I don't think i could find a more complete answer for why i like the shaman so much. Plus, I get such a large smile on my face each time my character gets silenced, thus rendering him unable to plant a stick in the ground.
Why resto? Mostly for those rare moments when I get the "awesome healing man" messages from party members. Also, my 1st shammy was a tauren and it felt quite out of the ordinary for such a large creature to be not a hulking wild swinging elemental dreadnaught, but a peaceful medic.
And that's all i can think of right now.

Final thoughts

This part is always tricky for me but now even more so, since poetry is not my forte. But I will give it a shot.
"I 1-shotted a mage and I liked it, he never saw it coming,
I 1-shotted a mage 'cause I got very lucky and windfury procced so mighty.
TUF hit so good and I can bet, this beating he'll never forget.
I 1-shotted a mage and i really, really liked it."
(Epic poem, about the time, several years ago, when I was doing pvp with my tauren shaman and 1-shotted a mage 7 levels higher than me)
Ok, now, to be honest, the poem is not original, I just used the chorus from Katy Perry's "I kissed a girl" and added my story. I do hope it works tho, it's all I can come up with at the moment.
Have a nice day and sorry if it's a too large wall of text.
Getslaven
Rogue Class Leader

Re: Rudynski's application (shaman, lvl 100, resto/enha)

Post by Getslaven »

I thought I was the most lovable player EU :shock:

Anyway nice apply. Currently we raid 3 days a week. What kind of raids are you interested in? We also do a normal run every monday.

//Getslaven
Costin Rudareanu

Post by Costin Rudareanu »

As i see it, being more lovable than Medeah is like finding a better singer for Nightwish than Tarja was. Or like finding a better Bond girl than Eva Green. Or like me being good at pvp. I'm not saying it's impossible, I've just not seen it so far.
Concerning raids, I should say that my gear is somewhere between 645-650 ilvl so I would guess that puts me in the normal mode - entry level hc zone.
But this can be further discussed should I get invited in the guild and according to what would be needed at the time.
Getslaven
Rogue Class Leader

Post by Getslaven »

The most lovable part is obviously a joke for those who raid. I'm the RL and have to be the bad guy quite often :twisted:

Your gear is fine for HC raids, if you know your class, and pull your numbers, you're fine.

I don't see any problems for you to join us. Would be good if you can join all three raids on a regular basis though. Also it's a big big plus if you can play both resto/dps. Don't have a regular raiding enchancement atm. As you know some fights require more healers than others. Currently we have 5-6 healers where 2-3 can swap to dps if needed.

Find me ingame on Getslaven and we can give it a go on tomorrow's raid.

Hint: Win weapons and trade them to me, and you will become member on the spot :mrgreen: :mrgreen: