Nazrak - Guardian Druid - 688/690

Use this forum to apply to join CTSamurai. Make sure to read the announcements and stickies first!

Moderators: Guild Shogun, Class Leads

Nazrak

Nazrak - Guardian Druid - 688/690

Post by Nazrak »

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About you: There isn't anything particularly much to say about myself, I'm what people would call the typical gaming teenager. But in some scenarios I tend to stand out, even if it makes it seem socially awkward (I'm a pro at this!). I do have a sense of humour but can be seen as "Over the top", I don't see how! ;)

I like to raid, and within raids I prefer to fill the role as the tank. Currently known within a circle of friends as the "Tank whore" since I've got 4/5 tanking classes at level 100! :D

About us

I was contacted by Zuriel. After the follow within WoWProgress, I had done some research behind the guild and Zuriel followed up with some background insight with the history, the players amongst the guild and the environment. Although I am Horde, from what was presented to me I'd make the transfer as soon as I am capable!

About your character

Name: Nazrak
Level: 100. Item Level (688/689 with my tanking trinkets, 690 with DPS trinkets which I use within most raids).
Link to my druid: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... k/advanced
Class: Druid
Spec: Guardian Main Spec, Feral Off-Spec

The reason why I went with a Guardian Druid, was because I'm obsessed with tanking as a whole. I've made this late Siege of Orgrimmar and had stepped into my first raid within 3 hours of dining 90. It became a well known fact running within my previous guild that I had this guardian druid gearing at a faster pace than my Protection Paladin within Warlords of Draenor which made it become my main within the guild. Since that day, my druid was considered my main! :)

My alts revolved around tanks, but surprisingly I have 1 DPS alt. My hunter has been my focus since Blackrock Foundry regarding a dps character. It has been fun playing it and it's always fun out dpsing those who are higher item level! :D

Final thoughts

I like the sound of the guilds environment and how serious you guys are regarding progress. Once I'm able to make the transition (If you should accept my furry ass), I will do so!

Here is a link for logs:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... st/#boss=0

Best Regards from the future and hope it is bright for us both!

Nazrak AKA The Dank assed druid AKA Michael AKA Mike! :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zuriel

Re: Nazrak - Guardian Druid - 688/690

Post by Zuriel »

We had a pretty long & enjoyable chat last night and honestly I would have never given you only 19 years. You are pretty solid and mature mate, thumbs up :)

His "furry ass" druid is Horde on Kazzak at the moment so he might not be able to join us immediately for some test runs. At least a faction change will be required to do some Heroic and/or other stuff. Last night Eva (our raid leader) announced we are going to do HC BRF on our social raid night from now on (since Normal became too boring) so it will be a challenge! (expect lots of fails :))
Nazrak

Post by Nazrak »

Well I've made countless runs when it dated back from Highmaul for other guild members, which lead to some fails but I then took on the reigns from the leader role. So failing isn't a problem for me! :D

In fact it will be a challenge, and I love me one of those!
Roxy

Post by Roxy »

Hi Nazrak,

The more brits the better - get yourself transferred over asap and come join the party!

good app too :) you'll fit in great
Animma

Post by Animma »

Ew, bear spec >:

Wait, I'm meant to be one of the ones giving a proper answer, eugh.
I can relate to your tank position, I have every tank class at max level and have had for several expansions, I'm always that guy that does the tanking. Sounds like you could fit in fairly well, we do have a protection warrior tanking alongside me as a protection paladin at the moment, but I've always felt 3 tanks is a good number to have and considering I have a fully geared moonkin ready to go then rotating isn't much of an issue.

Nice to see some effort in an application too, so that's a thumbs up from me.
Nazrak

Post by Nazrak »

I've heard allot of people are calling out Guardian druids as un-viable for most raid teams. But when you can match the average dpser and the heals of the average healer, you're basically a 1 man wrecking machine.

I know that in BRF guardians haven't had their time to shine but come Hellfire Citadel, it will be our time to rule supreme! Druid tanks will be seen across every raid team, you wait! ;)
Eva

Post by Eva »

Nice application mate, it's always good to see them.
As tanking is a 2-man job, some practise runs have to take place, in order to check the coordination between the 2 of you.
I'd like to ask you 1 question tho, i checked your armory page and your guild's armory page, and I saw that your druid and your guild have different progressions in Highmaul mythic. Is that because you joined the raid with a different tank, or you took a break for the game?
Overall a very nice app, and I'd love to have you with us!
Best regards, Eva.
Medeah here's your food...Again.
Nazrak

Post by Nazrak »

I was within a different guild than the one I am currently in now with the druid. If you look at my Hunter, I was in this guild before my druid was.

The guild I was in before I joined the current one I am in now was Tectonic Shift. Which is where I had made the progress within Highmaul mythic with them.

With the progress on my hunter, dk and paladin. This was not done with any guild and was done via pug groups.
Roxy

Post by Roxy »

Nazrak wrote:I was within a different guild than the one I am currently in now with the druid. If you look at my Hunter, I was in this guild before my druid was.

The guild I was in before I joined the current one I am in now was Tectonic Shift. Which is where I had made the progress within Highmaul mythic with them.

With the progress on my hunter, dk and paladin. This was not done with any guild and was done via pug groups.

back on point, when are you transferring and joining us? :)
Nazrak

Post by Nazrak »

Me and a good friend of mine are running an experiment regarding the elite conquest pvp gear. I am helping him over today to get his last pieces for the 27k CP cap, and then we're going to see if we can buy it without the 2k rating.

If we can't buy it, expect a transfer tonight! :)