Setra's Social Application

Use this forum to apply to join CTSamurai. Make sure to read the announcements and stickies first!

Moderators: Guild Shogun, Class Leads

Setra

Setra's Social Application

Post by Setra »

About me

<Little something about myself>

Why, hello there! My name is Konstantin, 27 year old bloke from the capital city of Bulgaria (somewhere deep in the Balkans, and yes before you ask those eastern european/balkan stereotypes are kinda true), currently emplyoed as Sales & Marketing do-it-all-do-it-now guy at a shipping company. I'm pretty much your average joe's gamer guy, enjoying all kind of quality video games, sci-fy & fantasy literature, TV Shows and Series involving inappropriate humour and so on, you get the idea.

I'm a long-time WoW player, since the times when WoW was about log-in->go farm raid consumables-> go raid {[or]} log-in->go gank Southshore->wait 30 minutes ress timer->die again->rage quit, up untill now when WoW is about those 12 hours a day I don't have to exploit garrison economy on a dozen alts :>. Of course, just like everyone, I've had my breaks and burnouts, but in the end, I'm always back, still enjoying the game. I do enjoy pretty much every aspect of the game, be it PvE, PvP, mount/pet collecting, or simply trying or doing something weird (like, you know, jumping off Kun Lai to see how much distance I can cover with a single slow fall, chasing your pals on Nefarian priest call, healing them to death, mindcontrolling people in Netherstorm and throwing them into the nothingness, all kind of stuff like this :>), or just sit there in SW, ahem, the mighty fortress of Shadowmoon Valley, and have chit chat with people.

I've been both a serious raider and a serious slacker during different time periods. My last noteworthy raiding career dates back to Cata, when I raided with a group of RL friends and few other nice people in Hostile Foragers. We had some rather decent 10-man HC performance. Then when Pandaria hit, I got hit by a feeling of lazyness, and overall slackness too, which still has the better or me. So, here I am now in WoD, garrison dweller, LFR hero, and terror of outdated content holding something of interest.

<Little something about you, and why would I like to join CTSamurai in particular>

Well, since I'm done with competitive raiding for a long time, I'm looking for a place where I can still enjoy more casual aspects of game and some social interraction, maybe an occasional alt/casual raid every now and then, or some other group activity, and CTSamurai seems like the right place. Since most folks in Hostile Foragers are gone for good, at least for the time being, I can't even have a small talk in gchat anymore. So I'm looking forward to meeting new people.

There are some people I know in CTSamurai, like Kakapenka, who's also RL friend and beer buddy, or Crowker, with whom we used to raid back in Cata (hello, hello, Moniks here).

<About my character>

Name: Setra
Level: 100
Class: Hunter
Spec: Survival/Marksmanship

<Why am I enjoying playing this character, and what choices I made regarding spec, etc.>

Now, glorious Setra was just leveled up a couple of weeks ago and is very likely to remain Main playing character for the rest of the expansion. To tell you the truth, I don't even know why I am enjoying the hunter class so much, I just do :>. Spec of choice is Survival. I just can't have class without dots (probably condition caused by playing shadow priest for most of my career), although I have to admit MM allows some more fun times. Talent choices are pretty much situational, just like almost everything in WoD. Anyhow, I really do like the hunter.

<Some information about other characters>

Well, I have about a dozen of alts, so I won't go trough all of them, unless someone has some particular interest :>

Only guys noteworthy and played more often than others are Dorffus - obnoxious dwarf shaman, who was my first choice for WoD start, only to find out after some months that Shamans don't really fit my style. Now in charge of garrison and AH manipulations. Moniks - human priestess, that was main playing character for most of my game time. Now that Pandaria and WoD destroyed the playing style for Spriests (well, at least for me), she's been demoted and used to reexperience story lines and cinematics, missed while rushing to level up other alts :>.

<Final thoughts>

Ok, since the poem part is out of the question, and I don't feel I can add anything else, this will be it. Frankly, it's been really long time since I've last wrote an application, so if you feel something is being left out, please do tell. I hope the read won't bore you too much
Crowker

Re: Setra's Social Application

Post by Crowker »

Moniks! Hai! Great application by a great guy! :D
Zuriel

Post by Zuriel »

Finally a fellow Bulgarian! Inb4 Greeks take over the guild :mrgreen:
Kakapenka

Post by Kakapenka »

Needs more dorf alts imo <3
Filthy casuals, unite!
Medeah

Post by Medeah »

Really nice app! See you in the guild soon, hopefully. :)
Animma

Post by Animma »

I'll be out for part of tonight, but feel free to contact any of the other officers and I'm sure they can arrange an invite for you.