CTSamurai Forums

It is currently Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:35 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Air-Presto-Femme-c
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:07 am 

I tried to walk on to Adidas NMD Femme the basketball team my freshman year before my track Nike Roshe Run Mujer career even started. I hadn’t seen Pat since I had blown it in high school. I’d met some of her players, though, and asked about her — asked what to expect.
Every single player said the same thing. Not that I cared — I just wanted to play. And, I figured, at least I was in shape. How bad could it be?
I walked into the gym on the first day of tryouts. Does she remember me? I thought. Nope, no recognition. Pat put us on the line and blew her whistle.
Suicides. A lot of suicides. Then she put 30 minutes on the clock for a continuous four-on-two fast break.
And that was just the warmup.
“That woman is crazy,” I said to myself after walking out of the gym that day. Nike Air Pegasus 83 Femme “What am I getting myself into?”
But Nike Air Presto Femme I went back the next day, and the day after Nike Roshe Run Dames that. She had that way about her. She’d Nike Air Max 90 Womens Black break you down … and yet you’d show up the next Nike Air Max Command Femme day. You wanted to prove to her that you could take it. Nike Air Presto Femme It took me years to realize that she didn’t care about players proving it to her.
She cared about players proving it to themselves.
I made the team.
“You didn’t even recruit her,” people would say to Pat years later.
“Yeah, I recruited her,” Pat would deadpan. “She wasn’t very good.”
She had one drill in practice that she named after me. “This is a Holly day!” she’d yell. Everyone would line up and run suicides, while I had to make 10 layups in a row, sprinting from one end of the court to the other. I was notorious for missing layups because I was too fast — I’d run full speed and my momentum would carry me too far Nike Air Max 90 Mens under the basket. I’d make eight in a Nike Air Max 2017 Femme row and then miss. Every single one of Nike Air Max Zero Womens us would have to start over again. It was Adidas Superstar Homme brutal.
She was brutal.