Holy Paladin application[A]

Use this forum to apply to join CTSamurai. Make sure to read the announcements and stickies first!

Moderators: Guild Shogun, Class Leads

Justiss

Holy Paladin application[A]

Post by Justiss »

About Me

I have been playing World of Warcraft since its conception. I am married with 2 kids, my wife has struggled with my addiction for years and has finally relented and realised that she isn't the most important thing to me, but my kids are. She wasn't sure about their names at first, but at the time had no reason to suspect. My kids Arthas and Thrall still receive a little bullying at school but nothing they cant handle. Having kids makes your raiding times appealing, as when they are in bed it gives me a good reason not to watch the soaps that my wife seems to be addicted to.

About You

I wish to join CT Samurai to add a bit of social interaction to WoW, it is missing at the moment. The last guild i was in (remain nameless) were too mechanical and seemed to have forgotten why we are all playing, to have fun.
I am in the military, so conduct some real life raiding which i also enjoy.
I keep fit and am a keen drinker, not at the same time.

About Your Character
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/n ... iss/simple

Name: Justiss
Level: 90
Class: Paladin
Spec: Holy/Tank

Justiss has been with me through the years and i have grown with him through each patch, it took us a little bit of time after MoP, but we are at a place now where we are both confident we can keep the raid alive in most situations, caveat by skill of raid.
His gear is not great, but i help him out with my skill and genius. I am reliable and timely with raiding but even if i am am not picked i will be sad enough to listen on whichever speech client you guys use, just to keep me company, it saves conversing with my wife about what Deirdre is up to in Coronation Street

Final Thoughts
I have a raid ready Lock "Grimbleweed" if you are looking for ranged deeps.
ash
Msg 512, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 Subquery returned more than 1 value.

Re: Holy Paladin application

Post by ash »

srs?

lol no way you called your kids arthas and thrall ;)
Dreams of being better
Animma

Post by Animma »

I'm kind of counting on it at this point! More on-topic, it's nice to see a well written application every now and then, i'll try and point some other people in this direction for some thoughts but overall I like it.
Justiss

Post by Justiss »

Just to clarify, so you don't think i am a complete nutter, my daughters, sadly, aren't called Thrall and Arthas, i lost that argument!;)
Animma

Post by Animma »

How disappointing =(
Getslaven
Rogue Class Leader

Post by Getslaven »

Justiss wrote: Having kids makes your raiding times appealing, as when they are in bed it gives me a good reason not to watch the soaps that my wife seems to be addicted to.

it saves conversing with my wife about what Deirdre is up to in Coronation Street

THIS! almost made me accept you on the spot :) It seems we are in a very similar situation. Will have a chat with the others tonight.

I really like your apply, but the problems in general is the experience on your characters and their ilvl. We are raiding at around 500 now if that would give you some sort of pointer. If you were to come with us we would need to wedge you in somehow to gear you up, which in the beginning would mean seating you on all progress (probably). If that is not acceptable please tell me so we both can spare ourselves some time.

Will get back to you later tonight hopefully.

Cheers

Rob
Justiss

Post by Justiss »

Rob,

im totally flexible, im happy to join a guild of, what appears to be, like minded people.
In terms of experience, you are right but,

"Learn all you can from the mistakes of others. You won't have time to make them all yourself." ~Alfred Sheinwold

As well as as that, I research tactics and pick things up relatively quickly. Having said that, pending a successful application,
i do not wish to unsettle the equilibrium of your raiders, by taking a seasoned CTSamurai's space, ultimately i am here to make friends.

So it is acceptable and better than the alternative.
I look forward to your decision (if its positive)

Kind Regards
Getslaven
Rogue Class Leader

Post by Getslaven »

Hey Mark

Contact me ingame on getslaven any time tonight and lets have a quick word.

--ACCEPTED--