Gnomechuck's application (Monk 100)

Use this forum to apply to join CTSamurai. Make sure to read the announcements and stickies first!

Moderators: Guild Shogun, Class Leads

Gnomechucks

Gnomechuck's application (Monk 100)

Post by Gnomechucks »

About you

I love bacon and pizza.
I've been playing wow for a canny few years and I've always enjoyed raiding though due to my RL work schedual it's hard to find a guild that will take me on knowing I won't be there for every raid. I'm not after a guild that suits my availability but a guild that will tolerate my shift-work and consider me when I'm available. I'm currently a chef, which is why my hours are unstable though I am actively looking for a more stable job in which I can enjoy my free time more freely.
I prefer healing guardian druids than anything else, in my experience within BRF they seem to be the most durable tanks.

About us

Although I don't believe currently, due to my RL job that I will be able to make every raid, I am interested in joining as it looks to be a stable guild with a stable raiding force, along with mythic content that is something I've lacked for a while. Though I understand the guild to be friendly and fun, similar to the one I'm in now, it lacks those area's that I just mentioned.
I met Exya a few weeks ago in normal BRF pugs where I had one of the most fun experiences of my monk healing career, doing kromog with no tanks and we've been talking since as I develop my self as a healer and take on advice from him to help my self improve.

About your character

Name: Gnomechucks (Argent Dawn but will transfer if accepted)
Level: 100
Class: Monk
Spec: Mistweaver

I've enjoyed the monk class since day one. When the class was first released the playstyle of a windwalker monk reminded me of playing my shaman back in TBC with many abilities on the action bar (back when totem-dancing was a thing to benefit both agi and windfury totems.) I started out in pandaland as a tank though I always wanted to play as a windwalker the brewmaster spec was still enjoyable at that time and the entire concept of monks was just unique and fun to play compared to other classes, especially with the changes to my old class of WOTLK which was a blood DK, blood tank from release which is the main reason I started tanking rather than dpsing.
Coming into Draenor, I managed to start out as a windwalker and I thoroughly enjoyed it until recently switching to Mistweaver, something I hadn't played before and I realized just how fun it was. Since then, I've been playing as a mistweaver and I rarely play as anything else.

though my monk has went through a few changes, from a pandaren male named SteveJabs to a gnome female named gnomechucks (nunchucks)

Final thoughts

Cut my life into pizza
this is my plastic fork
oven baking, heavy breathing
don't give a fuck if its carbs im eating.

Would it be thin or
Would it be thick
If I chose my dough tonight
Chances are that I might
Chicken wings on the side
And I'm contemplating crispy fries
Roxy

Re: Gnomechuck's application (Monk 100)

Post by Roxy »

Hi Dean,

Thanks for the app. Looks good! Moar brits please!

My main concern is what we both expect from you joining the guild... you say you will miss raids (how frequent is this? I understand with shifts it is hard to predict, but with us raiding weds,thurs,sun and mon for norm mode in 6.2, how often would you predict to be missing?) and if it is too frequent to be considered a main healer for the main raid team, would you be unhappy with backup/ monday alt runs etc?

I think with your current gear, current progress 8/10hc and potential lack of raiding, it will be difficult to offer you a position of main raider (trial) but from the app it seems you are clearly a decent guy and would fit in well, so happy to take you in as social and give you a chance to shine on the monday raids.
Gnomechucks

Post by Gnomechucks »

It's all hard to predict since I have 0 control over the shifts however mondays are generally free, wednesdays and thursdays are the most difficult to predict as they could be free or could be working and sundays are difficult due to it being our busiest day.

I'm fine with being a backup/social, at least until I'm able to get a new job.
Roxy

Post by Roxy »

Gnomechucks wrote:It's all hard to predict since I have 0 control over the shifts however mondays are generally free, wednesdays and thursdays are the most difficult to predict as they could be free or could be working and sundays are difficult due to it being our busiest day.

I'm fine with being a backup/social, at least until I'm able to get a new job.
then I can't see any reason why we wouldn't invite you :)

Feel free to shout me (Usually on Shogún or Luciferon in game) or any of the officers for an invite.
Gnomechucks

Post by Gnomechucks »

Might not be able to move realm from argent dawn until friday.
Roxy

Post by Roxy »

Gnomechucks wrote:Might not be able to move realm from argent dawn until friday.
Totally fine mate.
Zuriel

Post by Zuriel »

Very good app mate, you seem like a nice guy :)

As Roxy said you are more than welcome to join us as backup/social on normal & heroic raids. As for mythic 6.2 we can't guarantee anything at the moment, we might have an opening for a healer but we need to get to mythic first.
Eva

Post by Eva »

We talked last night and you seem like a nice guy :) As I've said, you are welcome to join us as a social member till you find a more stable job/hours. Feel free to wisp me in-game or any other officer for an invite.
Medeah here's your food...Again.
Getslaven
Rogue Class Leader

Post by Getslaven »

Eva wrote:We talked last night and you seem like a nice guy :) As I've said, you are welcome to join us as a social member till you find a more stable job/hours. Feel free to wisp me in-game or any other officer for an invite.
Maybe you should mention Eva that you charname have impossible characters :mrgreen:
Gnomechucks

Post by Gnomechucks »

/who Ctsamurai fixes that problem!
Everyone ready for 6.2 next week?
Animma

Post by Animma »

Gnomechucks wrote:I prefer healing guardian druids than anything else
Gtfo!
Gnomechucks

Post by Gnomechucks »

Heh, it's not my fault that in my experience they take the least damage and can take the most stacks!
Paladin tanks have been the worst so far in my experience, though with 6.2's tier gear, my single target healing should be a lot better. (those bonuses <333)

Why do the best parts of an application always come to us after posting it.

About me:
I protect the lands of men from threats beyond the northern border of England, such as Wildlings (Scottish). Whitewalkers (Scottish who don't go on holiday and see the sun) and lochness monsters. I man a vast structure known as Hadrians Wall, a barrier which separates England from the lands to its north.
Medeah

Post by Medeah »

+1 for Last Resort! :!: