UI Assistance

Got World of Warcraft news? Seen something cool? Share it here.

Moderator: Guild Shogun

tomas

UI Assistance

Post by tomas »

I was thinking of leaving this for WOTLK, but i've decided I should probably look at it sooner than later.

I want to sort a new UI for Tomas, and Soffera. I have a few problems with how I have it set up at the moment, but i'm always having trouble with Space.

I use a 17.1" monitor, and the screen resolution is quite high, but I still find my screen cluttered with things. I can't post images of my current UI while i'm at work, and will probably add them when I get home.

Soffera - Standard UI, but the Chat box is made bigger (half way up the screen) so that I can catch everything said. I have the Standard action bar, and the two additional ones at the bottom. I also have Holy Hope which is 3 button collections in a row to the right of my Character. There are Raid Unit Frames below this. What this means is that the entire bottom half of my screen is taken up by windows/buttons/meters.

Tomas - Two chat windows, with buttons in the middle of them. Then some other buttons around my character (in a circle) and some bigger buttons to the right. After using it since hitting 70, i've decided against the circle of buttons, but I need so many of them that I can't just simply move them, I need to redesign how things fit together.

The main trouble I have is that I move with the keyboard, and click what I want to do. You might say its wrong, but it feels most natural to me, and its what works best for me.

This apparantly means I need to have a large selection of buttons that I can click at any time (so can't be too small) Also added to this is sometimes how fast discussions can go, and hating scrolling back, so want to be able to read everything, so I end up with large chat windows :(

Everys UI I see tends to be quite neat and tidy, and mine seems a mess by comparison, but I'm unsure how to sort it.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Cos at the moment i'm using X-perl and just moving things around, if there are no suggestions I'll just stick with that.