Hunter Specs (Current 13/08/08)

Got World of Warcraft news? Seen something cool? Share it here.

Moderator: Guild Shogun

tomas

Hunter Specs (Current 13/08/08)

Post by tomas »

So, looking at a few specs, throwing around ideas and what not. So expect me to post a few builds.

Build 1. MM.
http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=cxbZ0eVbMVzGesxhAZe

56 Points in MM, rather than the 51. Also, this build misses out on Silencing Shot and Chimera Shot. Chimera I'm still unconvinced its useful, looks crap to me... And Silencing Shot seems pure PVP (feel free to correct me)

This has 56 points in the tree due to higher end wanting more than 5 points in a certain line. Choosing between Wild Quiver and Improved Steady Shot was a choice I didn't want to make.

Will this do more damage than Beastmastery? I hope so, before it was
BM - +20% Haste
against
MM - +10% AP, +5% Damage.

Now BM has little more damage to offer, and MM has another +5% Damage on top. Without going in depth with the numbers (since i've always been shaky with them)

If autoshot does 40% of your damage. Say you do 1,000,000 Damage in a fight, 400,000 of that damage will be autoshot. If thats made up of X shots, 10% of those trigger Wild Quiver, so X/10 shots, these shots only do 60% damage though.

10% times 60% is 6%. So, your autoshot will do an extra 6% Damage.
If autoshot was 50% of your damage, this talent would be like +3% Damage over all. At 40% its just under +2.5% damage

So, the MM tree gives 12.5% Damage boost over BM. If some of these stack after multiplication instead of before this will be an even higher percentage.

With the added damage into Arcane (imp Steady) and Multishot. +10% AP, and a higher crit range. I think a build similar to this could be a good contender.