Post your UI

Got World of Warcraft news? Seen something cool? Share it here.

Moderator: Guild Shogun

Beckie
Sweet like Candy

Re: Post your UI

Post by Beckie »

On Xperl you can turn debuffs on or off. Not just Freya fights but things like deconstructor you can see if there the bomb without having to read the chat and relate that to your ui. but that is soemthing for a healer to know rather then a tank. But being informed + being able to shout stuff out ftw! As for mana its useful for things like Vezax, so you dont kill a cloud next to the healer with the full mana bar. And im sure theres plenty of situations like that!

And I belive its your responsibilty to ensure you have the buffs u want ;)
Becki, Luvox, Candy, Prozak, Beckie
Quadrantid

Post by Quadrantid »

Beckie wrote:Not amazingly upto date or intresting but w/e
This UI made my eyes bleed :( I have no idea how you can play!

Will post my later, then you can express your scorn for mine in turn ;)
Since the dawn of time, man has yearned to destroy the Sun...
Quadrantid

Post by Quadrantid »

There you go -- fear the double monitor crappy :D
Heeuge

Post by Heeuge »

Surely posting the thumbnail linking to the m...m..m..mmooonster screengrab would be more polite.... Think of the children*! :P

* By children I mean peeps with a <30" monitor
Quadrantid

Post by Quadrantid »

Heeuge wrote:Surely posting the thumbnail linking to the m...m..m..mmooonster screengrab would be more polite.... Think of the children*! :P

* By children I mean peeps with a <30" monitor
It could have worked, that's true, but on the flip side, there's the fun thing of people looking at a screenshot of the forum going "wtf???" without realising they need to scroll right :P
Greentitch
I wish I had a forum rank. I do I do I do.

Post by Greentitch »

People with recount in the middle of their screen worry me :P Especially tanks who also don't have taunt seemingly keybound.
Zarzarel

Post by Zarzarel »

Tried to keep mods number down :)

Quadrantid

Post by Quadrantid »

Greentitch wrote:People with recount in the middle of their screen worry me :P Especially tanks who also don't have taunt seemingly keybound.
Got the taunt bound to a thingy key on my G15 -- but I tend to use mouse clicks for anything not part of my normal rotation (and I thought taunt was an on-demand skill, rather than a rotation skill -- i.e., you use it when you need to, not as part of a standard rotation -- otherwise it could be on cooldown when you need it!). And that's jut the obvious place for recount to sit -- otherwise it interferes with Omen, buffs, parties, or the middle of the screen (me, my mob, and my HuD) -- It has its own nice little hollow :D Anyways, it's the same as Quad's UI, and I haven't seen the need to change it to tank... yet... :D

That is a point actually -- am I right with the use of taunt, or should I be spamming it each time it is off cooldown then? I tend to move with the keyboard, so the mouse is hovered where I need it (and on fast move, too :P)
tomas

Post by tomas »

Quadrantid wrote: That is a point actually -- am I right with the use of taunt, or should I be spamming it each time it is off cooldown then? I tend to move with the keyboard, so the mouse is hovered where I need it (and on fast move, too :P)
If it's an actual taunt (IE, you have to hit me for 6 seconds) then surely it's pointless spamming it when it you already have aggro. It's only worth spamming it if it's more of a "Does no damage, but generates lots of aggro" type thing.
Quadrantid

Post by Quadrantid »

tomas wrote:
Quadrantid wrote: That is a point actually -- am I right with the use of taunt, or should I be spamming it each time it is off cooldown then? I tend to move with the keyboard, so the mouse is hovered where I need it (and on fast move, too :P)
If it's an actual taunt (IE, you have to hit me for 6 seconds) then surely it's pointless spamming it when it you already have aggro. It's only worth spamming it if it's more of a "Does no damage, but generates lots of aggro" type thing.
That's what I thought, and why it isn't traditionally keybound (its an eep mouseclick, which is faster for me than a keybind unless the key is part of a rotation) - but given people think it better keybound I wondered if I had the thinking wrong :D
Septih
Rick Roller

Post by Septih »

It's not part of a rotation, but it's a snap button, one that you want to do quickly rather than move the mouse to.
tomas

Post by tomas »

Septih wrote:It's not part of a rotation, but it's a snap button, one that you want to do quickly rather than move the mouse to.
One of the reasons I don't like keybinds is that it's possible I don't know where some of the keys are, and could take a while to find them.

While I can touch type, asking me the location of a specific letter for example would mean I'd either have to look at the keyboard, or spell a word out with my figures to get the key.

With keybinding numbers, while it's possible I could keybind 1,2,3 with things, I couldn't do them while moving since I move with keys, and the chances of me hitting a 5,6,7 correctly won't be 100%, I'll hit a 6 sometimes going for a 5, unless I look.

I personally like looking at the screen, not the keyboard :p
Septih
Rick Roller

Post by Septih »

I build mine around movement keys, mainly for strafing. mapped keys are 1-5, tab, `,q,e,r,f,g,x
Quadrantid

Post by Quadrantid »

Septih wrote:I build mine around movement keys, mainly for strafing. mapped keys are 1-5, tab, `,q,e,r,f,g,x
Ooh -- that's a good tip -- will take a look at doing that for the taunts when I get back online after work :D Thanks!
Septih
Rick Roller

Post by Septih »

If it helps, I have taunt bound to q, with grip shift+q. I should mention you lose tab-targetting with that setup.