Class poll

Got World of Warcraft news? Seen something cool? Share it here.

Moderator: Guild Shogun

Which class will you level first?

Warrior
6%
Rogue
6%
Hunter
6%
Shaman
13%
Paladin
16%
Warlock
10%
Mage
3%
Priest
13%
Druid
13%
Death Knight
13%

Total votes: 31

ash
Msg 512, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 Subquery returned more than 1 value.

Re: Class poll

Post by ash »

Apparently no mages or hunters still!

I might consider levelling my hunter... but also tempted to start a character from scratch (druid or lololock, not sure about pala)

hmmm!
Vecko

Post by Vecko »

I'm tempted to go for my death knight and start tanking with him when I reach level 85.

Probably will start a shaman from scratch after that.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Not sure to be honest. I'll probably do what I did at the beginning of WotLK - say that I'll level my Paladin, but actually level a DK. So I might say this time I'll level my DK, but instead level my worgen warrior. If Cataclysm was released TODAY I'd be leveling my worgen though. I don't feel at all rushed into reaching end-game this time. I dunno, perhaps it's because there are only five levels to the level cap (regardless of whether or not it'll take just as long to get there as 70-80 did). But I honestly can't say for sure until around 02:00 on the 7th of December*!

*My estimate as to what time I'll be home and have the game installed.
Seigfried (tank/DPS), Kirilas (DPS), Beltain (healer/DPS), Ludinar (tank/DPS),
Suspicious (DPS), Artermis (in progress), Physio (in progress)
tomas

Post by tomas »

Not adding time for the servers to come back up?
Dave

Post by Dave »

Nah, that was about the time I got to log in and create my DK on Wrath's launch, I doubt it'll be any different this time around.
Seigfried (tank/DPS), Kirilas (DPS), Beltain (healer/DPS), Ludinar (tank/DPS),
Suspicious (DPS), Artermis (in progress), Physio (in progress)
Vecko

Post by Vecko »

Hm so, I'm having a dilemma.

We kinda made an agreement with our little group of Belgians (Titi, Cronulus, ... etc) to fill in a specific roll ( Tank, Healer, Dps) when Cataclysm starts. So that we don't have any trouble finding a group for dungeons when we all happen to be online.

I'll be taking the tank roll as I've always enjoyed tanking. Now the dilemma: Level my death knight or my druid to tank with. I enjoy both but I also would like to do some raiding this time around. Our house should be ready in a couple of months so I'll finally have the time for it. I'm leaning a bit towards my druid right now as I believe there are quite a lot of people already that will level their plate wearing tanks? Not even sure whether I should see that as an argument to not level my death knight ...

Help! :lol:
FragZero

Post by FragZero »

Vecko wrote: our little group of Belgians (Titi, Cronulus, ... etc)
Hey you forgot me!

But yes Druids seems like a good choice, you don't see many druid tanks around!
Warrior => Stainomo
Druid => Kokopelli
ash
Msg 512, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 Subquery returned more than 1 value.

Post by ash »

druid gives you the capability to swap to a caster aswell if you want at a later stage :D
Vecko

Post by Vecko »

Thanks for the input! Think I'll go for my druid then.

She does has that old school Lieutenant Commander title as an extra which will make me look pro even though I messed up a pull causing a wipe. am I right? :P
Beckie
Sweet like Candy

Post by Beckie »

I would like to point out that within CTS there are two very active druid tanks.. and no dk tanks (your comment would indicte croz isnt leveling his dk), 1 paladin tank and no warrior tanks.. out of the what I think people will level first.. Most of our plate tanks tank because they are no other tanks, they would really prefer to dps. They also have plate tanking loot thrown at them for offspec.. As a druid tank you also have to share with rogues. If you think of a 25man raid comp theres only 3 tanking spaces. If theres one other druid tank and 2 rogues thats 3 people to compete with. There will only ever be a maxiumum of three plate tanks in the raid.
Becki, Luvox, Candy, Prozak, Beckie
Kapoentje
Death Knight Class Leader

Post by Kapoentje »

Actually, I'll be going blood on oldman when I hit 85. The new DS mechanic just seems too silly.
Oldmanmccain, Kapoentje, Barkspawn, Turboturbo.
Chicken isn't vegan?
cronulus

Post by cronulus »

Plans before cata launch
- Try to see the inside of ICC before Cata

Plans after cataclysm launch
- Convert warlock to Worgen Male (tired of cuteness and elbowlessness of female gnomes, I'll now get flapping arms instead)
- Level Warlock to 85 and do some endgame stuff heroics etc
- Probably quit WoW again by now
(- Level Rogue to 85
- Level a Draenei priest to 85)

I'm sorry if I have to dissapoint you about not tanking! I don't want to self-grow that feeling of responsibility again where I think I have to be arround to tank! I absolutely loved the tanking but I can't devote to it again! And I'm 100% sure Kap will do a better job then I ever did as a DK tank! <3 kap!
Last edited by cronulus on Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ben (Crozen - Froz - Cron - Croz - Gaaru - Madred)
Vecko

Post by Vecko »

Beckie wrote:I would like to point out that within CTS there are two very active druid tanks.. and no dk tanks (your comment would indicte croz isnt leveling his dk), 1 paladin tank and no warrior tanks.. out of the what I think people will level first.. Most of our plate tanks tank because they are no other tanks, they would really prefer to dps. They also have plate tanking loot thrown at them for offspec.. As a druid tank you also have to share with rogues. If you think of a 25man raid comp theres only 3 tanking spaces. If theres one other druid tank and 2 rogues thats 3 people to compete with. There will only ever be a maxiumum of three plate tanks in the raid.
Good points Beckie. I recon its more interesting having 2 tank druids & 2 tank death knights rather then 3 tank druids & 1 dk. Shame I don't have a warrior aswell :P
FragZero

Post by FragZero »

Beckie wrote:no warrior tanks..
waaaaaaaaaait

I joined as prot warrior i was just forced to dps since we had too many ms tanks (croz-aeon-beckie-Kenji-someonelseican'trememberrightnow) and it will be my "real" mainspec next expansion since getting gear won't be so easy as during wotlk!

And i mean't bear tanks in general, most ppl level a paladin/dk to tank. Not that many warrior tanks around and even less druid ones but we are an execption to this rule!
Warrior => Stainomo
Druid => Kokopelli
Beckie
Sweet like Candy

Post by Beckie »

I applogise for thinking you both wanted to dps.. all impressions in wotlk were that you were dps first tank second..
Becki, Luvox, Candy, Prozak, Beckie