Buffs/Debuffs

Got World of Warcraft news? Seen something cool? Share it here.

Moderator: Guild Shogun

Commando
Shogun on Sabbatical

Buffs/Debuffs

Post by Commando »

For those interested in raid buffs and how they're likely to apply in Cataclysm, here's what I've gathered so far. Obviously it's not final and it's all subject to change.

Debuffs
-12% Armor: Faerie Fire (Druid), Tear Armor/Corrosive Spit (Hunter pet - Raptor/Serpent), Expose Armor (Rogue), Sunder Armor (Warrior)
-10% Physical Damage Dealt: Hemorrhagic Fever (Blood Death Knight), Demoralizing Roar (Feral Druid), Demoralizing Roar (Hunter pet - Bear), Vindication (Protection Paladin), Curse of Weakness (Warlock), Demoralizing Shout (Warrior)
-20% Melee/Ranged Attack Speed: Icy Touch (Death Knight), Infected Wounds (Feral Druid), Judgements of the Just (Protection Paladin), Earth Shock (Shaman), Thunderclap (Warrior)
-25% Healing Received: Widow Venom (Hunter), Monstrous Bite (exotic Hunter pet - Devilsaur), Permafrost (Frost Mage), Improved Mind Blast (Shadow Priest), Wound Poison (Rogue), Mortal Strike (Arms Warrior), Furious Attacks (Fury Warrior)
+5% Spell Crit Taken: Critical Mass (Fire Mage), Shadow and Flame (Warlock)
+4% Physical Damage Taken: Brittle Bones (Frost Death Knight), Ravage/Acid Spit (Hunter pet - Ravager/Worm) Savage Combat (Combat Rogue), Blood Frenzy (Arms Warrior)
+8% Spell Damage Taken: Ebon Plaguebringer (Unholy Death Knight), Earth and Moon (Balance Druid), Fire Breath/Lightning Breath (Hunter pet - Dragonhawk/Wind Serpent), Master Poisoner (Assassination Rogue), Curse of the Elements (Warlock)
+30% Bleed Damage Taken: Mangle (Feral Druid), Gore/Tendon Rip (Hunter pet - Boar/Hyena), Hemorrhage (Subtlety Rogue), Trauma (Arms Warrior)
+30% Cast Time: Necrotic Strike (Death Knight), Spore Cloud/Lava Breath (Hunter pet - Sporebat/Core Hound), Slow (Arcane Mage), Mind-Numbing Poison (Rogue), Curse of Tongues (Warlock)

Buffs
+10% Melee/Ranged Attack Speed: Improved Icy Talons (Frost Death Knight), Hunting Party (Survival Hunter), Windfury Totem (Shaman)
+5% Crit: Leader of the Pack (Feral Druid), Furious Howl/Terrifying Roar (Hunter pet - Wolf/Dog/Devilsaur), Honor Among Thieves (Subtlety Rogue), Elemental Oath (Elemental Shaman), Rampage (Fury Warrior)
+10% Attack Power: Abomination's Might (Blood Death Knight), Trueshot Aura (Marksmanship Hunter), Blessing of Might (Paladin), Unleashed Rage (Enhancement Shaman)
+5% Spell Haste: Moonkin Form (Balance Druid), Wrath of Air Totem (Shaman), Shadowform (Shadow Priest)
+6% Spellpower: Arcane Brilliance (Mage), Flametongue Totem (Shaman)
+10% Spellpower: Totemic Wrath (Elemental Shaman), Demonic Pact (Demonology Warlock)
+3% Damage Dealt: Ferocious Inspiration (Beast Mastery Hunter), Arcane Tactics (Arcane Mage), Communion (Retribution Paladin)
+5% All Stats except spirit: Mark of the Wild (Druid), Embrace of the Shale Spider (exotic Hunter pet - Shale Spider), Blessing of Kings (Paladin)
+Strength and Agility: Horn of Winter (Death Knight), Roar of Courage (Hunter pet - Cat), Strength of Earth Totem (Shaman), Battle Shout (Warrior)
+Stamina: Qiraji Fortitude (exotic Hunter pet - Silithid), Power Word: Fortitude (Priest), Blood Pact (Warlock Imp), Commanding Shout (Warrior)
+Max Mana: Arcane Intellect (Mage), Fel Intelligence (Warlock Felhunter)
+Armor: Devotion Aura (Paladin), Stoneskin Totem (Shaman)
+Minor Resist All: Mark of the Wild (Druid), Blessing of Kings (Paladin)
+Nature Resistance: Aspect of the Wild (Hunter), Elemental Resistance Totem (Shaman)
+Shadow Resistance: Resistance Aura (Paladin), Shadow Protection (Priest)
+Frost Resistance: Resistance Aura (Paladin), Elemental Resistance Totem (Shaman)
+Fire Resistance: Resistance Aura (Paladin), Elemental Resistance Totem (Shaman)
+Mana per 5 sec: Blessing of Might (Paladin), Mana Spring Totem (Shaman), Fel Intelligence (Warlock Felhunter)
+30% Melee, Ranged and Cast Speed: Ancient Hysteria (exotic Hunter pet - Core Hound), Time Warp (Mage), Bloodlust/Heroism (Shaman)
-10% Physical Damage Taken: Inspiration (Holy Priest), Ancestral Healing (Resto Shaman)
-35% Spell Pushback: Concentration Aura (Paladin), Totem of Tranquil Mind (Shaman)
Replenishment: Vampiric Touch (Shadow Priest), Enduring Winter (Frost Mage), Revitalize (Restoration Druid), Soul Leech (Destruction Warlock), Communion (Retribution Paladin)

Removed Categories
(Note that while the categories have been removed, most spells have been changed to fit one of the ones above instead)
-5% Armor Debuff: Faerie Fire, Sting (Hunter pet), Curse of Recklessness
-3% Melee Hit Chance Debuff: Insect Swarm, Scorpid Sting
+3% Spell Hit Chance Debuff: Improved Faerie Fire, Misery
+3% Crit Chance Debuff: Heart of the Crusader, Totem of Wrath
+Health: Commanding Shout, Blood Pact
+All Stats: Mark of the Wild
+3% Haste: Improved Moonkin Aura, Swift Retribution
+Intellect: Arcane Intellect, Fel Intelligence
+Spirit: Divine Spirit, Fel Intelligence
+Attack Power: Battle Shout, Blessing of Might
+3% Healing Received: Tree of Life (Druid), Improved Devotion Aura (Paladin)
-3% Damage Taken: Renewed Hope (Disc Priest)
Blessing of Wisdom
Blessing of Sanctuary
Judgement of Light
Judgement of Wisdom

Other Changes
  • With the exception of Totemic Wrath (Elemental Shaman) and Talent NYI (Fire Mage), there will be no talents which affect how powerful a buff or debuff is.
  • Totemic Wrath causes any Fire Totem to provide the spellpower buff rather than just Flametongue Totem.
  • Innvervate will restore mana to the target based on the Druid's maximum mana, so Innervate cast by a Feral Druid will be less effective than one cast by a Balance/Resto Druid.
  • Mana Tide Totem and Hymn of Hope will be raid wide rather than party only.
  • It's possible that Soulstone could be changed to also function in the same way that Rebirth does, meaning it can be cast either before or after the target dies rather than just before.
Commando, Scytale, Leto, Yueh, Thufir, Chani
Greentitch
I wish I had a forum rank. I do I do I do.

Re: Buffs/Debuffs

Post by Greentitch »

Fix0rz!

Blessing of Might won't be giving MP5 ;)

Also I believe sunder armour effects will only stack 3 times giving a total of 12% armour reduction.
Commando
Shogun on Sabbatical

Post by Commando »

Greentitch wrote:Blessing of Might won't be giving MP5 ;)
You sure about that? According to the current WoWHead Cataclysm data it will, along with Mana Spring Totem.
Greentitch wrote:Also I believe sunder armour effects will only stack 3 times giving a total of 12% armour reduction.
Edit: Yep, you're right - all these debuffs stack 3 times up to 12%. Fixed. :)
Greentitch
I wish I had a forum rank. I do I do I do.

Post by Greentitch »

Commando wrote:
Greentitch wrote:Blessing of Might won't be giving MP5 ;)
You sure about that? According to the current WoWHead Cataclysm data it will, along with Mana Spring Totem.

Heh I assumed it was a typo. I'd forgotten they were merging Might and Wisdom :)
ash
Msg 512, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 Subquery returned more than 1 value.

Post by ash »

Commanding shout has gone?
FragZero

Post by FragZero »

ash wrote:Commanding shout has gone?
+Stamina: Power Word: Fortitude (Priest), Blood Pact (Warlock Imp), Commanding Shout (Warrior)
Warrior => Stainomo
Druid => Kokopelli
ash

Post by ash »

ah, its just I saw that in the removed category aswell.
Commando
Shogun on Sabbatical

Post by Commando »

Few updates:
  • Added Replenishment to the list (no changes to who provides it as far as I can see)
  • Balance Druids will no longer provide +5% crit buff
  • Warlocks (probably Affliction) may provide +mp5 similar to the current BoW/Mana Spring.
  • Odd as it might sound, Survival Hunters may provide +20% melee speed similar to Windfury Totem/Swift Retribution
  • Destruction Warlocks may provide +5% spell haste similar to Wrath of Air Totem/Moonkin Aura
  • All Mages may provide +6% spellpower similar to Flametongue Totem, and Fire Mages may provide +10% spellpower similar to Demonic Pact
Commando
Shogun on Sabbatical

Post by Commando »

Turns out the +20% melee attack speed buff will also affect ranged attack speed, which makes sense if Survival Hunters are to provide it. It's also possible that Survival Hunters will no longer provide Replenishment, which also makes sense as they won't use mana in Cataclysm anyway.

Affliction Warlocks with the Jinx talent will cause Curse of Elements (+8% spell damage taken) to become an AoE effect. Changes to the way Ebon Plaguebringer work means that DKs only seem to have a single-target +8% spell damage debuff, as will Balance Druids with Earth And Moon. This would make Affliction Warlocks and Assassination Rogues (using Fan Of Knives) the only classes to be able to cause an AoE +8% spell damage debuff.

The raid-wide +30% disease damage debuff from Unholy DKs will now be self-only and also seems to be applied by single-target attacks only, presumably to reduce the scale of DK AoE disease damage.
Fatherjohn
Shogun

Post by Fatherjohn »

http://cata.wowhead.com/spell=90355#used-by-pet

looks like bm hunters are getting Heroism as well as mages :o
Commando
Shogun on Sabbatical

Post by Commando »

Fatherjohn wrote:http://cata.wowhead.com/spell=90355#used-by-pet

looks like bm hunters are getting Heroism as well as mages :o
Iiiinteresting! Nice find. :)
Commando
Shogun on Sabbatical

Post by Commando »

Updated the above with all the latest changes I know about, including the many buffs that will be provided by various Hunter pets (both regular and exotic).

Also worth noting that the Windfury effect is now provided by Frost DKs, Survival Hunters, Ret Paladins and Shamans and affects both melee and ranged attack speed, but the buff has been reduced to 10% instead of 20%. Not unexpected, as the +Spellpower buff was also reduced.
ash

Post by ash »

I think its fairly safe to say that if you have a group of at least a few different classes within it, you will probably get 80% of the buffs/debuffs noted above.

Would this qualify for dumbing down the game?
Commando
Shogun on Sabbatical

Post by Commando »

In terms of raid organisation, yeah. You don't need to worry so much any more about what spec people are or what talents they've chosen when deciding who to bring along to a 10-man raid. That said, you never really had to worry about it too much for 25-man raids in WotLK anyway, but I'd hardly say that makes 25-man raiding a dumbed down version of 10-man raiding.
Commando
Shogun on Sabbatical

Post by Commando »

Updated the list above. Also, if RaidComp was something you used, you may like to know that it's now updated for v4.0.1. You can get it here. :)