Eazymode's Cataclysm beta blog

Got World of Warcraft news? Seen something cool? Share it here.

Moderator: Guild Shogun

Demonheart

Eazymode's Cataclysm beta blog

Post by Demonheart »

Alright, stuff is downloaded, and I'm starting a blog which I will be updating with pictures, info and opinions.

First impressions - it' rather buggy, and there's lots of people around since a new wave of invites was sent out. Hunters work great with focus - in PVE. Marksmanship and survival hunters can't do anything in pvp at the moment, everything rapes you. What was cool about mana was I could use the abilities I wanted. I'm brilliant at hunter micro managing, and there's nothing better than pulling a 3v1 and then popping a potion and proceeding to kill a fourth person. I would scatter someone while focus silencing another person, all this while nuking the hell out of another opponent. Then, I would launch a freezing trap in mid-air while escaping with the deterrence + master's call combo. Now, I'm not able to do any of that. Hyjal is a warzone and everyone, especially MAGES, can you believe it MAGES are running me over because I can't use a single goddamn spell. :( Steady Shot is the only way to regen any focus, and you have zero chance to ever use that in PVP. Currently I'm able to fire an Arcane Shot and use my pet stun. After that, I'm out of focus for 4+ seconds, during which I'm useless and already killed. Not cool, but at least it's early in the beta, things can't stay this way. Beast Mastery seems the most fun at the moment, and the tree is home to a number of brilliant PVP talents. It's quite difficult to measure my DPS, so I'm not sure how it compares to other classes. Also tried an instance, but our tank sucked and everyone left.

I got so tilted from losing in every PVP encounter that I logged off early. :P Gonna play more later, pictures and less whining to come.

Mages... *facepalms and walks away*
Mr. President, get up or I will kill you right there.
In loving memory of Jack Bauer
Greentitch
I wish I had a forum rank. I do I do I do.

Re: Eazymode's Cataclysm beta blog

Post by Greentitch »

Doesn't Aspect of the Fox allow you to move while casting steady shot and increase focus regen?
Vincenoir
Priest and Warlock Class Leader

Post by Vincenoir »

Cheers for the info, will definately follow the eazymode/hunter beta experience!
Grats on getting the invite :D
Demonheart

Post by Demonheart »

Greentitch wrote:Doesn't Aspect of the Fox allow you to move while casting steady shot and increase focus regen?
Hardly. It allows for auto shot to be cast while running - any hunter with half a brain was able to stop when auto shot was refreshed, anyway, even in PVP. That, and the aspect of the Hawk increases focus when casting steady or cobra, Fox just gives you 22% more regen passively. What all of this means is Hawk always gives you loads more (which, by the way, is nowhere near enough), yet you have to cast steady to get it! :naughty: Fox, in turn, for the reasons explained before is bloody useless. 22% is very little and pales in comparison to steady spamming with Hawk. 8) But like I said they've said they'll be playing with costs for some time, nothing is set in stone.

What I find problematic is how loads of stuff is free - as they should be. Deterrence, melee abilities, disengage, feign death, aspects & all traps (except if you launch them from range using Trap Launcher) cost no focus. Mana used to be a resource that you didn't fear would run out in a fight, and rightfully so you won't need to worry about focus when using defensive abilties. But with Freezing Arrow, tranq shot, venoms... etc costing focus now, how do you react to that other than call it a big freaking nerf? All of this stuff was spammable, and the only way to fix something like that is give us even more damage per shot so it evens out. Which, again, doesn't feel right. I just hope the grace of the class remains, and that we don't only become good because we hit hard.

I dinged 81, but I think I will get at least half a bar if not a whole bar of rested before going for more, it's atually rather boring since it's not retail! You still have to beat up ogres and stuff. :P Now for some pictures - these ones are pretty balls because I'm on my laptop with everything on low. It's not this ugly in reality!

Nik

Post by Nik »

Sorry to steal your thunder but i found a guy who post vids of cataclysm stuff.

http://www.cynicalbrit.com/page/2/

Theres hours of footage.
Commando
Shogun on Sabbatical

Post by Commando »

Dunno about the rest of you, but personally I don't really have the time or inclination to spend hours watching someone else play World of Warcraft. I'd rather get it in work-friendly blog-and-screenshot format. :P
Commando, Scytale, Leto, Yueh, Thufir, Chani
Septih
Rick Roller

Post by Septih »

I'm sure people appreciate the choice of both :P
Dave

Post by Dave »

I DEMAND CATACLYSM BETA FOOTAGE TO BE UPLOADED TO MY DREAMS TO MENTALLY DIGEST AS I REST! :shock:
Seigfried (tank/DPS), Kirilas (DPS), Beltain (healer/DPS), Ludinar (tank/DPS),
Suspicious (DPS), Artermis (in progress), Physio (in progress)
Septih
Rick Roller

Post by Septih »

I need an architect, a crack team of investigators and con artists, a shitload of sedatives and some cataclysm footage to plant the beta into Dave's dreams.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Seppy's my new BFF! :D
Seigfried (tank/DPS), Kirilas (DPS), Beltain (healer/DPS), Ludinar (tank/DPS),
Suspicious (DPS), Artermis (in progress), Physio (in progress)
Fatherjohn
Shogun

Post by Fatherjohn »

Seahorse = ftw
Demonheart

Post by Demonheart »

Oh man I totally failed with this "blog" didn't I :(

Sorry guys, but I needed a break :)
ash
Msg 512, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 Subquery returned more than 1 value.

Post by ash »

heh

Don't worry :P I think most people are chilling anyway
Beckie
Sweet like Candy

Post by Beckie »

How about you make it up to the slackers who also havent read mmo for months making a nice summary post of the 10 things you need to know about cataclysm ie:

1. The release date is #####
2. The lvl80-82 starting zones are X, you get to them Y
3. Do you need cold weather flying equivalent? How do you get it
4. How many raids are there and where are they when you hit 85
5. Do current 1-80 hierlooms still work?
6. If you dont do anything else while leveling do X, because Y (x could be an instance/area, y because its pretty -without giving to much away)
7,8,9,10 Any other things you think are important.
Becki, Luvox, Candy, Prozak, Beckie