The good olds days...

Got World of Warcraft news? Seen something cool? Share it here.

Moderator: Guild Shogun

cronulus

The good olds days...

Post by cronulus »

... are coming back (it seems)!

Do you remember instances where you needed a well placed sap, a sheep, a hunter trap, kiting and carefull line of sight pulls to prevent patrol pulls or aoe from breaking cc? Where dpsing anything else but the tanks target would result in quick agro and death? Times where you would detest pugs?

Do you recognize how WotLK became an AoE fest compared to Vanilla/TbC? Tanks run inside groups of puny pathetic mobs as if the amount didn't matter, the time or target dps chose didnt matter that much and healers could pick their nose and heal at the same time? Whatever mobs do we don't really care (except for some of the harded 5-mans)! That time should've come to an end!

Ok, I'll cut the evangilistic nostalgia and holy-grail crap but it's been said that crowd control on mobs will become a more important factor again! Woohoo! This time without the necessity to be forced to bring a rogue, mage or hunter! There's a lot more CC on every class now! Someone on mmo-champion wrote a quick summary towards Cata. What you should be prepared for and how you shouuld change your mindset when entering an instance!

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/795 ... ck-at-Cata!
Ben (Crozen - Froz - Cron - Croz - Gaaru - Madred)
Vecko

Re: The good olds days...

Post by Vecko »

Rumor has it that a Heroic boss in a Cata dungeon requires that an add be kited for the ENTIRE fight! Are you up to the challenge?
Oh joy, thats gonna be a blast in a PUG :lol:
ash
Msg 512, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 Subquery returned more than 1 value.

Re: The good olds days...

Post by ash »

aoeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I read that guide and I dunno, it didn't really tell me much more than I already knew but PUGs are jokes - all it takes is one wipe and its like a 90% chance someone will leave

Something tells me no instances are going to be completed by non-guild groups come cata ;D