Holy Paladin help - please

Got World of Warcraft news? Seen something cool? Share it here.

Moderator: Guild Shogun

Woolfgar

Holy Paladin help - please

Post by Woolfgar »

Hi guys, as you have noticed im back :)

I started levelling a Warlock Worgen yest and will hopefully carry this on, but tonight I fancied a browse of the new areas in my Pally - I knew things had changed but omf how much lol I've pretty much lost my entire toolbars - spells I used for Solo and group healing are now gone and replaced etc im noob enough to admit slightly confusing and overwhelming.

could a nice pally or anyone please post some kind of patch notes / info from WoW wiki or anywhere giving me ideas on a spec for a Holy build and changes I need to be aware of etc before i cock up my spec completley and unable to play.

the reason I ask is im at work - even though I work in IT our surfcontrol filter is controlled by Group and I have no control over it and anything WoW related is blocked :(

I just want to read through stuff and get my head straight before this evening.

Thank you in advance if you can help :)
"THEY'RE COMING TO GET YOU, BARBARA!"
ash
Msg 512, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 Subquery returned more than 1 value.

Re: Holy Paladin help - please

Post by ash »

I don't think its possible to cock up a talent spec anymore. The talents are mostly just self explanatory and if there are any one point abilities, take them.

step one - redo your actionbars. Test them, redo them again

step two - try an instance. Stop them halfway if you're in trouble

step three - ??

step four - profit
Dreams of being better
Woolfgar

Post by Woolfgar »

lol thanks Ash :)

I will give this ago later tonight
Brechnar

Post by Brechnar »

Healing as a paladin has changed a bit.

Here's a nice thread on EJ: http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t107975-cat ... ompendium/
You might not be able to read this at work, I've sent you the article in a private message.

Basically, you use Holy Shock every time it's off cooldown. It's our main spell to give Holy Power, which makes you able to use Word of Glory a nice new healing spell. When Holy Shock is on cooldown you primarily use Holy Light. Flash of Light is still a fast cast heal, but asks for a lot more mana now, it's kinda become an emergency heal (I haven't used it so far). Then there's Divine Light as well which heals for huuuuge numbers and is really only necessary when your target is taking a lot of damage. Also we finally got an aoe heal, Light of Dawn. Just like Word of Glory it consumes holy power. It's a fun spell, just remember only targets standing in front of you (in the healing beam) will get your heals.

Beacon of Light has become less efficient, it only heals the beaconed target for half the amount. There's a talent though, that gives you holy power whenever you directly heal the beaconed target.

Intellect is still our primary stat and you're probably still best of gemming it (It's a red gem now btw!).
Woolfgar

Post by Woolfgar »

thanks again, that has more than helped :)

I hope to become some kind of team player again in the guild now im back