Game Eight

For random chat about stuff that isn't World of Warcraft.

Moderator: Guild Shogun

Nonplus

Re: Game Eight

Post by Nonplus »

Greentitch wrote:
Nonplus wrote:And on the topic of voting patterns not adding much info (need to check on that) how was lynching Kryten the first day of any help, btw? (seriously interested)
The voting pattern on Day One is the only information you have going in to Day Two. If you do not lynch anyone on Day One then you are simply delaying that random voting until Day Two, except now the town has one less player.
What I'm trying to find out if the "voting pattern" is much more valuable in case of lynching. For this game, we only had one mafia voting for Kryten, he even got some attention for the way he casted that vote and it still didn't look like we got any info.

As the way mafia can tilt the balance away from one of their own, and as there are more villagers than mafia,thus the chances of getting one of our own are much bigger, I'm not sure day-1 lynching benefits the village.
ash
Msg 512, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 Subquery returned more than 1 value.

Post by ash »

To be fair, if I hadn't taken the block on night 1 and it had been on sep or kap instead, then it would have made life difficult for the town for sure :)

I was a bit disappointed my kill failed :( that was when I posted "I have no other choice" :)

the day/night thing is strange: would kap have been told that I tried to kill vince during the day?
Nonplus

Post by Nonplus »

Kryten wrote:
Nonplus wrote:And on the topic of voting patterns not adding much info (need to check on that) how was lynching Kryten the first day of any help, btw? (seriously interested)
If you hadn't have lynched me you would have wasted tracking / watching on me andf not found the real mafia. Still a real pain in the arse being killed on the first day for no reason
That's true, I guess. But with so many power roles, it looks one (lucky) night can bring a lot of info, and every villager not lynched is one more night added to the mafia workload.
Nonplus

Post by Nonplus »

ash wrote:To be fair, if I hadn't taken the block on night 1 and it had been on sep or kap instead, then it would have made life difficult for the town for sure :)

I was a bit disappointed my kill failed :( that was when I posted "I have no other choice" :)

the day/night thing is strange: would kap have been told that I tried to kill vince during the day?
Why did you go for Vince?
ash

Post by ash »

Nonplus wrote:
ash wrote:To be fair, if I hadn't taken the block on night 1 and it had been on sep or kap instead, then it would have made life difficult for the town for sure :)

Why did you go for Vince?
impatient.

I figured Vince had to die for us to know if sep was lying, so if Vince was a villager, then Sep was probably mafia, letting us kill him before another night cycle (where we would lose another villager). and if he was mafia, then we could lynch someone else who also potentially could have been mafia.
Beckie
Sweet like Candy

Post by Beckie »

Yay first game i lived to the end!
Becki, Luvox, Candy, Prozak, Beckie
Nonplus

Post by Nonplus »

ash wrote: I figured Vince had to die for us to know if sep was lying, so if Vince was a villager, then Sep was probably mafia, letting us kill him before another night cycle (where we would lose another villager). and if he was mafia, then we could lynch someone else who also potentially could have been mafia.
So as a day vigilante, you send your message to Green during that day? Sorry, confuzzled :)
Kapoentje
Death Knight Class Leader

Post by Kapoentje »

I wouldn't have been told anything, as Watcher are informed of actions taken on the people they watch :)
Oldmanmccain, Kapoentje, Barkspawn, Turboturbo.
Chicken isn't vegan?
Kapoentje

Post by Kapoentje »

*had I been a tracker though, I assume I would've gotten word of you targetting vince.
Chicken isn't vegan?
Roper

Post by Roper »

Nonplus wrote: Secondly, I'm not surprised Ropey was mafia, in the first day of the game he seemed to me like he was a poker player that twitched, with all that random/not a random vote.
I still say that's over analysing me. Okay you're proved right as I was mafia, but there honestly wouldn't have been any difference with how I voted or what I wrote on that first vote if I was a villager.
Ropey - lvl80 Priest
Roopa - lvl80 Rogue
Darkropes - lvl70 Warlock
Ropair - lvl60 Retired Hunter
ash

Post by ash »

Nonplus wrote:
ash wrote: I figured Vince had to die for us to know if sep was lying, so if Vince was a villager, then Sep was probably mafia, letting us kill him before another night cycle (where we would lose another villager). and if he was mafia, then we could lynch someone else who also potentially could have been mafia.
So as a day vigilante, you send your message to Green during that day? Sorry, confuzzled :)
yes
and had to check exactly the same thing when green assigned the role to me xD

a day person can use his vote whenever they want....during the day, but it has to be before the lynching.
Raeneid

Post by Raeneid »

That would have been quite funny, how is it announced? Do we all see Ash shoot Vince since it is daytime? Or do we just find him dead?
Devious
Rogue Class Leader

Post by Devious »

Especially as technically he got roleblocked, so he must have "missed" :D

In the middle of town,

In daylight!
When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Yeah! YEAH! BURN HIS HOUSE DOWN! Burning people! He says what we're all thinking!

ash

Post by ash »

I'd assume that I'd do it rogue style

in a backalley or something ;)

thats what she said anyway
Dreams of being better
Kapoentje

Post by Kapoentje »

That must be hard. Then again, you've always left me satisfied.
Chicken isn't vegan?