Bored at work - the new epic thread

For random chat about stuff that isn't World of Warcraft.

Moderator: Guild Shogun

Devious
Rogue Class Leader

Re: Bored at work - the new epic thread

Post by Devious »

ash wrote:0
Don't follow... :?:
When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Yeah! YEAH! BURN HIS HOUSE DOWN! Burning people! He says what we're all thinking!

Septih
Rick Roller

Post by Septih »

I think he has spent £0 in the steam sale.

Anyone care for a Google+ invite?
Devious
Rogue Class Leader

Post by Devious »

Yes please.

Is it any good?
When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Yeah! YEAH! BURN HIS HOUSE DOWN! Burning people! He says what we're all thinking!

Devious
Rogue Class Leader

Post by Devious »

Hmm, 10 signs for tonight. Though we miss a healer.

Is it worth counting Jessi for tomorrow/Wednesday?

Septih
Rick Roller

Post by Septih »

Devious wrote:Yes please.

Is it any good?
Sent to the email address from your forum account.

It's different... Kinda silly only allowing a certain amount of people on at a time though, not much to keep you checking it out.
Greentitch
I wish I had a forum rank. I do I do I do.

Post by Greentitch »

Septih wrote:On another subject, how much has everyone spent on the steam sale that finally ends today? I must be near £120
I forced myself not to look as I spent over 100 quid last year and probably haven't played all the games I bought. All I got was Portal 2 when it was half price.
Commando
Shogun on Sabbatical

Post by Commando »

I bought Portal 2 as well, but that's about it. I was away for quite a lot of it though, may have spent more if I'd seen more of the sales. I did quite a few of the Summer Camp achievements though, and got the free Alien Breed game and free levels for Defence Grid.
Commando, Scytale, Leto, Yueh, Thufir, Chani
Devious
Rogue Class Leader

Post by Devious »

Portal 2 is definitely worthy. Already had it though. I refrain from spending money on steam as I never seem to get the moneys worth.

Roper

Post by Roper »

Septih wrote:On another subject, how much has everyone spent on the steam sale that finally ends today? I must be near £120
£6.79 (Fallout 3 GOTY)
Commando wrote: I did quite a few of the Summer Camp achievements though, and got the free Alien Breed game and free levels for Defence Grid.
I somehow completely missed the summer camp achievements even though I looked at what was in the sale each day, somebody mentioned it to me at work today and I had no idea what they were talking about. I need to read stuff..
Ropey - lvl80 Priest
Roopa - lvl80 Rogue
Darkropes - lvl70 Warlock
Ropair - lvl60 Retired Hunter
ash
Msg 512, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 Subquery returned more than 1 value.

Post by ash »

Devious wrote:Hmm, 10 signs for tonight. Though we miss a healer.

Is it worth counting Jessi for tomorrow/Wednesday?

how often do we count jesse in anything? ;)

bur

my head hurts today
Devious
Rogue Class Leader

Post by Devious »

Hmm, another day, another day of work...

Anybodies companies thinking of buying a new phone system? Hardware, IT network, server farm, Land Lines etc?

I can pass on some commission :D

ash
Msg 512, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 Subquery returned more than 1 value.

Post by ash »

I don't think my company would even pay to have new lightbulbs let alone a new phone system :x
Beckie
Sweet like Candy

Post by Beckie »

My company wouldnt pay for 8 people to have a frontpage software licence, so we have 1 laptop with it on and we share the laptop..

My company also wouldnt pay to have a character field programmed into the new multi million pound oracle system so we had to convert a data field from being something along the lines of W34AC to all integers. Admitidly the system was already 8 years late and massively over budget and has absolutely nothing to do with at least two high profile (in the news) pricing errors, which did not cost the company £250k on one day alone.
Becki, Luvox, Candy, Prozak, Beckie
Heeuge

Post by Heeuge »

Beckie wrote:....at least two high profile (in the news) pricing errors, which did not cost the company £250k on one day alone.
It was a hell of a party for the rest of the country though! Image

Our company has just had another clearout of staff (and closed a distribution centre in France) because our quarterlies weren't high enough. Now because there aren't enough people to do the work we'll take on contractors at twice the cost.

We're one of the few businesses in the UK still using an Avaya Index phone system - at last count there were 2 officially qualified trainers in the country. We've been running at 110% capacity (with no redundancy whatsoever - if the cards go, we're boned) for more than 5 years and the powers-that-be are still umming and ahhing about saving a few quid amongst £250k on the replacement setup. In the meantime 60% of our income is based on phone sales or customer support services but don't worry, as long as it's still currently working what's the rush!?

PS - This isn't a bored at work thread, it's a bitch about work thread..... I've got plenty to contribute in that case! :oops:
Devious
Rogue Class Leader

Post by Devious »

Not ideal to be honest. But the powers that be did not get to be the powers that are by spending money that could buy them the items that powers demand that be. (Bentleys)

hmm, not sure about that sentence