New warrior in town (4.0.1)

Got World of Warcraft news? Seen something cool? Share it here.

Moderator: Guild Shogun

Crále

New warrior in town (4.0.1)

Post by Crále »

Last time I played warrior was patch 3.3.5 after the new threat system it seems like they nerfed TPS.

In a boss fight I do around 1.8- 2.2k threat. But it seems that a full epic geared frost DK is doing 1.6k threat in a boss fight, which means that he's really close to my threat. Is there a way to increase my tps?

My threat rotation is:

Charge > Shield Slam > Revenge > Devastate > Devastate > Devastate > Shield Slam > Revenge
(And HS for rage dump)

I'd like to hear your threat rotation.

Love.

/Crále
// Eredos
[color=#FF0000]In every heroic group there's always one complete retard. If you can't spot him, It's you![/color]
Septih
Rick Roller

Re: New warrior in town (4.0.1)

Post by Septih »

Yeah I think DK dps threat got stealth buffed in the last patch. Just tell them to be careful near the start/any aggro drops.
ash
Msg 512, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 Subquery returned more than 1 value.

Post by ash »

Gear might come into it. I'd see if you can focus on increasing your DPS.

To be honest though, we don't have many warrior tanks in the guild anymore. I used to be one but things changed and I lost interest :(
Crále

Post by Crále »

Septih wrote:Yeah I think DK dps threat got stealth buffed in the last patch. Just tell them to be careful near the start/any aggro drops.
When I'm tanking on my DK I've never used Omen, because you do a lot of threat and got so many abilities that helps you out.
ash wrote:Gear might come into it. I'd see if you can focus on increasing your DPS.

To be honest though, we don't have many warrior tanks in the guild anymore. I used to be one but things changed and I lost interest :(
The gear do help me a lot, now that I'm doing 15k crit I get a lot of threat.

Code: Select all

we don't have many warrior tanks in the guild anymore
What happend?
[color=#FF0000]In every heroic group there's always one complete retard. If you can't spot him, It's you![/color]
ash

Post by ash »

Rerollers :)

I was a MT for ages, Galain quit WoW, Stainomo is temporarily afk, and uh I can't think of the others (xpol!). Always had drood/pala tanks :)
Beckie
Sweet like Candy

Post by Beckie »

Theres just not much space in raids for more then 1 of the same spec/class and until recently there was one very dominant (very active & popular) warrior tank in the guild, probably didnt leave much space for other warrior tanks to shine.
Becki, Luvox, Candy, Prozak, Beckie
ash

Post by ash »

I had great respect for Galain and Xpolsiv as tanks back in the day... Have some great memories of tank swaps at critical moments and things where we looked after each other :)
Crále

Post by Crále »

I see the point.
1 amazing tank over shines everyone and if he's active, why would you need another tank? (:
Beckie
Sweet like Candy

Post by Beckie »

Id just like to point out I havent played in 6months+ so really have no idea why theres no warrior tanks. Just a guess at the sort of class balance dynamics that have been around in the past.

And Ash's memorys go back to the time when warriors were the maintank class. Before DKs and before paladins were widely accepted as MTs. Now theres not much difference so if you have loads of active paladins, druids & dk tanks then you dont need to beg the warriors to tank. Also as a guild we dont recuit people specifically by class. We just manage with what we got. And if we desperately needed a warrior tank for something theres some dps warriors who tank on demand, we dont go looking to recruit them specifically. Oh and we dont get much turn over of people. So its not like we have had 10 warrior tanks join and quit for lack of raid space.
Becki, Luvox, Candy, Prozak, Beckie
FragZero

Post by FragZero »

great,such an interesting thread while I'm gone :-) can't chat now,can only tell you that I've been having threatissues myself. 359 ilvl and above are really really close.

no idea what you can do except reforging/gemming/gearing expertise.

let's have a chat when I'm back !
Warrior => Stainomo
Druid => Kokopelli
Crále

Post by Crále »

FragZero wrote:great,such an interesting thread while I'm gone :-) can't chat now,can only tell you that I've been having threatissues myself. 359 ilvl and above are really really close.

no idea what you can do except reforging/gemming/gearing expertise.

let's have a chat when I'm back !
Hit me up man!

I'd love to have a chat with you :)
Kitano

Post by Kitano »

Just thought I'd add my two cents. I haven't really experienced threat issues so far. Maybe it's cause I've never really met a worthy dps ;)
I don't really get 1.8-2.2k tps though. You mean 18-22k I guess?

As far as rotation goes, it's doesn't really exist anymore: it's been pretty much a priority system for a while now.
shield slam > revenge > devastate. and when rage is available inner fire + heroic strike
Though if you do use a rotation SS>Re>D>D>D SS is one D too much. SS cooldown is 6s. Most of the time however SnB procced way before that

As for stats, hit and expertise will give you the biggest bang for your buck. I've reforged about 3% worth of parry into 4% hit and 20 expertise or so. Since that adds up to about 15% less miss, dodge and parries by your enemy, it'll roughly be 15% extra threat. Warrior gearing is a tad odd this time around. Without reforging you don't get your threat stats