Battlefield 3

For random chat about stuff that isn't World of Warcraft.

Moderator: Guild Shogun

Septih
Rick Roller

Re: Battlefield 3

Post by Septih »

Saw a post today about how in the Origin EULA there's a bit saying that European Union customers forego the right to go to court with EA involving a jury. Nice that EU law supersedes anything written in a EULA.
Roper

Post by Roper »

Yeah it all does sound quite bad. There was something about them changing some of the EULA after complaints but I cant really remember what, dont think it was releated to the bit you've mentioned.

Not that I'd sign up to anything without reading all the terms, erm...
Ropey - lvl80 Priest
Roopa - lvl80 Rogue
Darkropes - lvl70 Warlock
Ropair - lvl60 Retired Hunter
Commando
Shogun on Sabbatical

Post by Commando »

As far as EULAs go it's interesting to note that, if you were to have a minor click the "I agree" button for you, it can't be legally binding as the minor can't enter into a contract. Something to keep in mind for those of you who have kids. ;)

Finished the single player campaign on Battlefield 3, found it quite good fun, though it didn't have anything like the same atmosphere as Bad Company 2 did. The set-pieces were pretty good, though playing on Hard was incredibly unforgiving, I might actually have enjoyed it more playing on Normal.

Mutiplayer is a blast, easily as good as the BF:BC2 multiplayer in my opinion. The difficulty curve as infantry is slightly better as you at least start with your basic gear, but the vehicles can be a bit of a bitch. You don't even get IR flares in the jet until you've made three or four kills, and lasting long enough to make a kill without having flares is a bit tricky. It's worth persevering though, jet combat is pretty intense (and frequently very short).

Anyone wants to add me, my Origin ID is CTSCommando. I think I've settled on Support as my class of choice, mainly because the M249 is fricking AWESOME.
Commando, Scytale, Leto, Yueh, Thufir, Chani