Alysrazor

Got World of Warcraft news? Seen something cool? Share it here.

Moderator: Guild Shogun

Animma

Alysrazor

Post by Animma »

So yet another video has popped up, this time of a shadow priest soloing this (I was surprised I hadn't seen one before, SP seemed like the obvious choice), unfortunately my priest heavily lacks shadow gear so it's not likely to be possible for me to pull this off. Likewise I don't have a moonkin (the other class that has done this) nor does my feral have enough gear either. So the challenge is for any of you to go there and kill this by yourself!

At the moment the only classes I can see able to do this are shadow priests, moonkins, ferals, fire mages and potentially elemental shammys, though I've yet to see any confirmation on this last one. The gear requirements for the fire mage solo tactic are far beyond anything in this guild so I'm going to guess we won't see that one happening. The shadow priest/moonkin ones are perhaps the most lenient so those are the ones I want to see, though fair play if any feral manages it because I sure haven't been able to yet :/

Update: Gave this a few tries with my DK this morning. Blood spec WAS able to survive the damage, barely, but it simply didn't have the dps required to get past the enrage. I tried as frost spec next just for the lols, fully expecing to be destroyed by the harsh winds damage (I wasn't wrong, AMS breaks almost instantly) it was rather fun though, with 25 stacks of the haste buff I can literally just oblit spam and do ridiculous damage but it's a total no-go because of the lack of ability to survive anyway.

Some useful numbers:
Wings of Flame is cancelled 1 second after the "Fiery Vortex" timer on dbm. Using this you can fly a few feet above ground level inside the ring to avoid the initial ticks of Harsh Winds.
Harsh Winds will tick 3 more times (for 3 seconds) after the "Phase 3" timer on DBM. This one allowed me to use Survival Instincts coupled with Barkskin at around 8.5s to Phase 3 to absorb the remaining ticks (the hardest hitting ones, thus absorbing the largest possible amount of damage)
Getslaven
Rogue Class Leader

Re: Alysrazor

Post by Getslaven »

Hmm ive got both moonkin and shadowpriest :D

I can help you out if you want. Cba to solo it
Animma

Post by Animma »

Been trying some more on my druid lately, going to say it feels like it's probably impossible with the current gearing. Maybe, MAYBE if t14 existed then it could be possible but at the moment the best I can get is 19% on an almost perfect try. Priest on the other hand... 7% on my best try and I'm using holy gear mostly, should be easily possible if I step it up a bit but I'm really not raiding with my priest much lately.

Guess I'm sticking to 2 man kills until level 90!
Animma

Post by Animma »

Heroic mode 2 manned as fire mage/holy priest, fun combustion times =)