Angelofpain's application (Destruction warlock, 90)

Use this forum to apply to join CTSamurai. Make sure to read the announcements and stickies first!

Moderators: Guild Shogun, Class Leads

Megaritis

Angelofpain's application (Destruction warlock, 90)

Post by Megaritis »

About you

I used to be a consultant in a company which is selling accounting and ERP programs. I was fired with the excuse that the company did not have enough money to pay me (Even though the profit I made for the company was always 4-5 times my salary... go figure). Now I teach English to children and repair PCs while having much more time to spare.

I played World of Warcraft from late Vanilla to the very first day of WotLK, excluding a 6-month break I had due to personal reasons. When WotLK came out I bought it from a cyber cafe and played the first quests in Northrend. Then I decided to go home and continue playing. The thing is that I forgot my shiny new WotLK disc at the cyber cafe I bought it from so I thought "Who cares? I'll update my client and play at home". However when I tried to play at home the game required me to use the disc to play (No idea why), so at that moment I said "Blast it, I'll go get the disc later". The thing is that I never got that disc so I didn't play again. I know it was an extremely odd reason to quit playing but believe me that's exactly how it happened. I wish I could quit smoking as easily as I did with WoW.

In the meanwhile I finished a computing course at the university of Sunderland in the UK in 2007 and did my army service in 2008. Until recently I was working for the company I was fired from. Since now I have much more spare time I decided to give WoW a try again, and I really liked it.

About us

I became a member of CTSamurai during TBC in 2008. I liked the guild because the people were always helpful and friendly. Perhaps some of you may remember me, although some years have passed. The people I can mostly remember are Baranor who was the one who suggested me to join CTSamurai, Accalia who was the Warlock leader then (Is she now?) and helped me become a better player and Greentitch who was always trying to keep the raid organized.

While playing WoW for the last ~20 days I saw a few people that where in CTSamurai. Every time I noticed a member of CTSamurai I whispered them "Hi, how's CTSamurai doing?", but nobody answered me. It felt like I was on the guild's ignore list :| and I really thought that CTSamurai was dead. However, yesterday I realised that CTSamurai is alive and kicking so I decided to give it a try and join the guild again.

About your character

Name: Angelofpain
Level: 90
Class: Warlock
Spec: Destruction

Armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/n ... ain/simple

Since the day I started playing WoW I always used to play a destruction warlock, even when levelling or PvP. I still remember being owned by almost all classes (It felt like every PvP warlock then was SL/SL specced except me). Many people called me crazy for playing PvP as destruction but killing the ~20% of specs which were a nightmare for SL/SL warlocks made me feel great and justify my choice.

I never had and I'm not planning of making any other characters.

Final thoughts

I'd really love to have fun with all of you again. Please ask me any questions you may have.

Poetry for the ages:
roses are #FF0000
violets are #0000FF
all my base
are belong to you
Angelofpain: Level 90 Human Warlock.
Septih
Rick Roller

Re: Angelofpain's application (Destruction warlock, 90)

Post by Septih »

Hi Lucas,

Thanks for the application. Unfortunately most of the names you listed no longer play, but perhaps there are still some others that you might recognize :P

Are you applying again because you want to raid with us? Currently we only have one 10 man team and there's not really any space at the moment so if raiding is important you might have better luck elsewhere.

If you're not bothered about raiding then I don't mind inviting you back.

P.S Sorry you had to go to Sunderland :P
Megaritis

Post by Megaritis »

Septih wrote:Hi Lucas,

Thanks for the application. Unfortunately most of the names you listed no longer play, but perhaps there are still some others that you might recognize :P

Are you applying again because you want to raid with us? Currently we only have one 10 man team and there's not really any space at the moment so if raiding is important you might have better luck elsewhere.

Well to be honest I'd love to raid with you if it was possible. I'll never forget killing the first 3 BT bosses for the first time in CTSamurai.
However I still want to join CTSamurai, but be warned that you'll get a lot of spam of happiness if I manage to kill that damned green fire boss :P
Angelofpain: Level 90 Human Warlock.
Animma

Post by Animma »

Megaritis wrote:
Septih wrote:Hi Lucas,

Well to be honest I'd love to raid with you if it was possible. I'll never forget killing the first 3 BT bosses for the first time in CTSamurai.
However I still want to join CTSamurai, but be warned that you'll get a lot of spam of happiness if I manage to kill that damned green fire boss :P
That darn green fire boss...!