i46 [The Popular One]

For random chat about stuff that isn't World of Warcraft.

Moderator: Guild Shogun

Commando
Shogun on Sabbatical

Re: i46 [The Popular One]

Post by Commando »

Woo, (very) slightly less distance to walk back to the tents!

Not sure about everyone else, but I'd really prefer the quiet zone for camping. I only go back to the camp site to sleep or (if the weather's decent) have a BBQ, and the quiet zone is fine for both of those. The general zone sucks if you want to sleep and someone's having an all-night party next door.
Commando, Scytale, Leto, Yueh, Thufir, Chani
Septih
Rick Roller

Post by Septih »

Yeah as long as that's what the quiet zone is for (i.e. quiet at nights not all the time) then that makes sense
Commando
Shogun on Sabbatical

Post by Commando »

Smuigh wrote:I've asked the random guy next to me if he doesn't mind moving so we can all shift down one so I'm not sharing a desk with some, most likely, noisy CoD guy all weekend. Haven't heard back yet and probably won't so if any opportunity arises to move us the other way maybe, or anything else that could fix this, then go for it. If not then I'll have to position my tower awkwardly in the middle of the table to wall him off.

Edit: Or you could always punish Kev by switching us. Depends what mood you're in.
Might be able to organise having an empty desk at either end of our row to give us a little more separation from the CoDders - will see what I can do.
Korruptor

Post by Korruptor »

I am definitely up for the quiet zone. Also, on the subject of BBQ's, I think I'll bring my portable BBQ down with me and the remaining coal I have left but someone remind me!

Anyone interested in giving Shootmania a blast and possibly starting up a team of 3 to compete?
Septih
Rick Roller

Post by Septih »

Someone remind me to print out my check in form tomorrow, no printer at home!
Septih
Rick Roller

Post by Septih »

Hmm apparently all I need is a 6 digit # and my id, so no worries there!
Smuigh
Hunter and Priest Class Leader

Post by Smuigh »

That guy hasn't responded yet so I doubt he will at all. Is it possible to bookend us with empty desks like you suggested?
--- Smuigh ---
- Fayenia - Voen - Rhosyn - Zhaomian - Knuurv - Casurel - Eloza - Tydenn -
Korruptor

Post by Korruptor »

I'll swap with ya Craig, don't move us now! Plus it means I can be opposite my brother and throw stuff at him.

By the way, I'm going to try and ETA at about 1pm on Thursday. Unfortunately Tobes has our tent so I won't be able to dominate an area for us unless they get there at that time as well... anyone planning on arriving sooner?

Just seen that the bar is serving double (house) vodka & diet coke for just £3.50! Score! Saturday night is going to be fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun. I need to get my classy saturday suit sorted!
Smuigh
Hunter and Priest Class Leader

Post by Smuigh »

Not a bad idea Kev with your outrageous social skills. You'll not only be able to tolerate him, you'll most likely become new best friends!
--- Smuigh ---
- Fayenia - Voen - Rhosyn - Zhaomian - Knuurv - Casurel - Eloza - Tydenn -
Commando
Shogun on Sabbatical

Post by Commando »

Not going to be able to bookend both sides of our row as the row is now packed full, but I might still be able to shuffle us down by one space so you don't have to share a desk with some random if I can move one of our extras onto the row behind. Multiplay have to do some seat moving for that to work though, so it might not happen.
Commando
Shogun on Sabbatical

Post by Commando »

Right, seating plan is locked, but on the up side the guy who was sat next to Smuigh has moved and that seat is now empty.

I'm hoping we can get there early enough to negotiate a bit with some of the people on our row, though. If we can convince the people sat in H2-AW11 to H2-AW16 to swap seats with our non-CTS extras who are on that row, then we'll have that whole section to ourselves.

Ideally we'd then swap our two rows over so CTS is on H2-AW and extras are on H2-AV, since there's 8 of us and 9 of them, but that would mean Kevin not being sat opposite his brother any more.

Complicated seating is complicated. :(

Also, if anyone needs my mobile number and doesn't have it, send me a PM.
Commando
Shogun on Sabbatical

Post by Commando »

Seating WIN. We are now end of row so we have a spare desk next to Smuigh, and no CoD players behind us. Check it out.
Korruptor

Post by Korruptor »

Fantastic! Nice work Comm! :D

I've PM'd you confirming your number so we have comms to rendezvous at the camp grounds.