Opinions on increasing raid days

Got World of Warcraft news? Seen something cool? Share it here.

Moderator: Guild Shogun

Would you raid 1 extra day?

Yes
42%
No
33%
Yes, but it's limited to a certain day...
25%

Total votes: 12

Getslaven
Rogue Class Leader

Re: Opinions on increasing raid days

Post by Getslaven »

Septih wrote:I think that if we do try and do 4 raids then we'll need someone to help get organise raids so that we get the right amount of people each day and that the bosses are right for the setup
Agree. It would require some planning by all of us together.

We could have some sort of meeting on one of the raid days when everyone is signed and take 20 minutes out of our raid time that day.
Vincenoir
Priest and Warlock Class Leader

Post by Vincenoir »

If there's a shiny new raid with untouched epics, I'm up for an extra days raiding.

If it's later in the patch I would prefer to have an evening off.

A weekend afternoon raid would be ok though.

So...maybe? :|
Animma

Post by Animma »

The idea of a short raid was brought up, something like 2 hours starting 1 hour late and finishing our usual time. Though we have flexi to contend with next patch that we have to fit in somewhere...
Zuriel

Post by Zuriel »

Hi folks,

I know my opinion doesn't carry any weight since im just an apprentice samurai but sharing it won't hurt anyone :)

Since the question was "Would you raid 1 extra day?" I voted "No" since most weeks I don't have enough free time to raid 4 times.

But if you ask me "Should there be 4 raids up in the calendar?" the answer would be "Hell YEA!"

From my point of view:
Pros:
- there are people who can be available for 4 raids
- people like me can also occasionally be available for 4 raids
- in case I can't come on one of the standard days (Wed/Thu/Sun) I can swap it for the 4th instead of being available for only 2
- the guild as a whole will have more progress time

Cons:
- if there are many who can do 3 out of 4 always doing all 4 could require more raiders
- having more raiders can lead to less discipline and less feeling of a "group/family"
- having the option to choose has a chance of badly aligning the attendance of key people

To sum it up - i love the idea of having 4 raids up in the calendar even though I won't be available for them all.
I like Getslaven's idea to review/adjust the signups on e.g. Wednesday so that everyone knows which days there will be a raid for the week in advance.

Cheers,
Zuriel
Ora

Post by Ora »

I think if we raided Monday to finish up but start at a later time like 21:00 or 21:30 and just raid for two hours instead as its mostly the last two bosses that we tend to be at anyway on the third day. I know Lucas and I cannot do the afternoons with Colby being awake and stuff. the joys of being a parent :wink: but that would give us the break before the Wednesday if we did the Monday.

let me know your thoughts